[Solved] Unable to restore backup in Plesk

Hi!

Thank you for all your hard work to get Johnny back online.

After reactivating my account I tried to restore it using the backup at Plesk but I was unable to do so because it says "This backup can be restored by the Plesk administrator only."

Please see attached image.

Can you please restore my site using the backup?

Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 13-07-53 Restore the Backup Created on July 27 2024 09 32 AM - Johnny HelioHost.png

Posted (edited)

Hi @Krydos. I tried to extract the files from the backup and it seems to be corrupted. All the files in the tarball can be extracted except backup_user-data_2407270932.tzst which basically all the data! I tried with the specialized version of 7zip, peazip, winrar and directly using the windows explorer. All the other tzst files can be opened and extracted with no problem. Can you please help?

Edited by seihoeng

We had this happen with another users archive. If you view the damaged tzst file in a hex editor , you’ll likely see an error message right at the top. Remove that so the magic bytes (28 B5 2F FD if Wikipedia is right) are the first bytes in the file, save, and open in 7zip.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, wolstech said:

We had this happen with another users archive. If you view the damaged tzst file in a hex editor , you’ll likely see an error message right at the top. Remove that so the magic bytes (28 B5 2F FD if Wikipedia is right) are the first bytes in the file, save, and open in 7zip.

Done! Genius! Thank you @wolstech!

Edited by seihoeng

Hi Admins @Krydos @wolstech.

Thank you for all the help. I uploaded all the files from the backup and restored the database but I am still unable to see the site. It shows the default Plesk login or a generic Plesk 404 page. Can you have a look at it please?

• Krydos locked this topic