[Solved] Installing additional python dependencies for flask app

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a flask web app and I've followed the instructions on the forum, however it seems that I need to install additional python dependencies to make it work. My host is jpmorr.helioho.st which is on Johnny. I have my requirements.txt file but it seems there is no python console from which I can run this and that I need to get some help from the support team to do so.

Thanks,

JP

requirements.txt

Can you please go through this list and provide only the ones that need to be installed? The list of modules already present on Johnny is available at the link below.

https://krydos2.heliohost.org/pyinfo/info3.10.py

Note that we typically won't install anything that would require a GUI or terminal to use (we don't allow SSH access), anything that makes the app host its own server/listen on a port (we don't allow custom incoming ports), or anything that, if updated, would break other users' code. If any of these modules meet these conditions, a VPS is needed.

Thanks I've filtered the list against what was there. I've left the versions in the file in some cases as these would be preferred. If they cause any dependency issues, then any version that works would suffice and I can work around and minor arising issues. I think everything should meet the requirements you mention. 

Let me know if there are any issues or if a VPS is going to be required.

requirements.txt

8 hours ago, jpmorr said:

Let me know if there are any issues or if a VPS is going to be required.

Looks like you'll need a VPS. Not everything can be installed on shared hosting. If you're interested in the cutting edge we will be supporting Ubuntu 24 VPSs soon, and you can get early access if you want.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Installing additional python dependencies for flask app

OK, thanks for trying. I'll keep an eye out for the new ubuntu VPS. I won't be pulling the trigger on the VPS for a while until an existing hosting account expires. Use it while it's paid for!

• Krydos locked this topic