[Solved] Please reactivate goensch on Tommy (high load)

Hi,

I am sorry for causing trouble again. Could you please unsuspend my account goensch on Tommy? Thanks.

Regarding what causes the load:

I regularly run some Python scripts. Load used to be about 25 CPU and 30 memory (in the graph, I think it is 2500 and 30000). Then, suddenly memory shoots to 100 (I guess the max of the graph). Of course, I have some ideas for incremental incremental improvements, but it is strange the setup worked for more than a year.

Anyways, maybe you guys have ideas: I run the scripts as scheduled tasks, using the "fetch website" functionality. Initially, I searched for a way to "directly" call a python, but did not succeed. Is this possible and my it help? My theory is that a task gets stuck. Then, later, the next one is called, gets also stuck.... so memory usage adds up. Is there a possibility to automatically kill the tasks after , say, 2 minutes if they are still running?

Thanks a lot,

Jochen

11 hours ago, goensch said:

My theory is that a task gets stuck. Then, later, the next one is called, gets also stuck

Yep, at the time of your suspension there were 5 readMeter.py running. Just have the new readMeter.py file check for already running instances of itself and kill them if they exist.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Please reactivate goensch on Tommy (high load)