[Solved] Account suspended (now interested in a VPS...)

Username:ejerciciosingles

I would like my account (this is the only one I've got) has been suspended and I need to reactivate it again. I don't know the reason. If it is for a high server usage I don't any problem upgrading my account. Is it possible? I've got important information for my site on this server. 

For Plesk service, that's coming soon. It will be called Morty and will charge you monthly based on the amount of resources used. Not sure when it'll be released though as we still have quite a bit of work to do in developing it. We've never offered paid shared hosting in the ~19 years we've existed, so it'll be a first for us.

In the meantime, you could buy a VPS instead (https://heliohost.org/vps/) if you need more resources, and we can install something like Hestia on it to give it a web interface if you don't want to spend a bunch of time configuring it from a command line.

• If I buy a VPS I am asked for a new user name and I want to keep all the files I've got in free plan on my new VPS. So, are they migrated automatically or how is it going on?

The VPS comes as an empty linux VM. You have to install Apache/PHP/mysql/etc., or install something like Hestia or Keyhelp, which includes all that and gives you a web interface to make it easier to use. Then you have to move your data and set the website up.

With a VPS have you can use all of its resources with no real risk of suspension as long as you pay the bill and don't violate the terms of service.

Krydos is the expert on VPSes, and he has both installed Hestia and helped users migrate to their VPS in the past. He may be able to do so for you as well if you're interested, so I'll escalate this for you to see what he has to say :) 

• wolstech changed the title to [Krydos] Account suspended (now interested in a VPS...)
19 hours ago, mjg1612 said:

are they migrated automatically or how is it going on?

No, unfortunately I've never been able to find a script to convert Plesk accounts into Hestia or KeyHelp accounts which are the two main free control panels that we recommend. If you want to have Plesk on your VPS you'd have to pay an additional $15.50 on top of your VPS price, so a Mercury with Plesk would be $19.50 per month. We've looked into getting a reseller discount, but we need to sell some ridiculous number of licenses -- 100 I believe -- before we get any discount, and we've never even been able to sell a single Plesk license since they're so expensive. We will be developing our own Plesk to Plesk transfer script pretty soon as part of the Morty release, but it isn't finished yet.

For $4 per month you can have 1 GB dedicated memory, 2 CPUs, and 50 GB storage, and we can install a control panel for you. https://hestiacp.com/ is the most popular free control panel that we recommend, or you can just go with no control panel and install everything with SSH. I can help you transfer your site if you get stuck, and you can also keep your Johnny account and your VPS at the same time so there is no downtime while you transfer it. Basically you can just use a free test domain on the VPS until it's 100% working, and then change your main domain over with zero downtime.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Account suspended (now interested in a VPS...)
  • Krydos locked this topic