[Solved] Domain name is disabled

The domain was likely disabled because it was determined to not be hosted here (which appears to be true considering the site is working while disabled, implying it's hosted elsewhere). If the A records in CF do not point to our servers, the domain will not validate when our server checks if it's hosted here, and it subsequently gets disabled to improve server performance.

The domain has been re-enabled. Please make sure DNS is pointing to our servers or it will get disabled again automatically.

The domain may take up to 2 hours to start working.

I am going to mark this for Krydos as well just to check in this because I had to re-enable sccart.heliohost.org too, which should never have been disabled as it is definitely hosted here and has valid DNS.

1 hour ago, wolstech said:

I had to re-enable sccart.heliohost.org too, which should never have been disabled as it is definitely hosted here and has valid DNS.

I fixed a few bugs in the domain disabling script, and added logging on March 22nd. The heliohost.org domain was disabled prior to those upgrades, so unless it gets disabled again I'm going to assume it's already fixed.

As far as journal.scientific-cart.com getting disabled it's because the scientific-cart.com isn't hosted by us, and when the base domain is disabled it disables all of the subdomains as well. To solve this I have removed scientific-cart.com entirely since it's not hosted by us anyways. This way journal.scientific-cart.com won't get disabled. If you'd like to host scientific-cart.com with us again let us know and it can be re-added.

If any files went missing in the process I created a full backup prior to changing anything and you can download your backup from https://heliohost.org/backup/ if you need it.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Domain name is disabled
  • Krydos locked this topic