[Solved] Missing subdomains

Something is wrong with Tommy at the moment. Based on some other posts, PHP isn't working either.

The main domain wasn't working because it was disabled as well. I've re-enabled that, it should work again in the next 2 hours. Krydos will need to research the missing subdomains. The fact the main was disabled makes me wonder if the server's domain cleanup task malfunctioned...

Escalating.

I just looked into this further, and considering this was a cPanel migration account, it's usually better to reset the account entirely to fix strange issues like this. Those migrated accounts have tons of weird issues including problems with domains going corrupt. Resetting your account deletes it and reinvites you, so you'll need to set everything up again, and restore your data from a backup (we can make a backup for you if needed before resetting it).

Would you like to do that?

If not, we can try adding the domains back but I can't guarantee that will work as we don't know for sure what caused them to disappear. If you want to try that instead of resetting it, please list the domains and the document roots for each.

When you do that could you change the main domain from flighttime.tk to fluggs.tk please.
this is the list of domains I had  fluggs.tk, bonnage.ml, easterncape.tk, wooldridge.tk, wildsidedivers.tk, flighttime.tk, droneworx.ml, divefest.tk 

Look for an email shortly with a link to finish resetting the account. You'll be able to set the main domain yourself when you create the new account.

Let us know once its created and we'll add the extra domains.

1 hour ago, Wooldrid said:

fluggs.tk please.
this is the list of domains I had  fluggs.tk, bonnage.ml, easterncape.tk, wooldridge.tk, wildsidedivers.tk, flighttime.tk, droneworx.ml, divefest.tk

It looks like none of these domains are registered, which would explain why they were all deleted from your account. Have you logged in to your Freenom account recently? Are you aware that Freenom shows all signs of shutting down entirely soon?

Also, Freenom is notorious for cancelling domains for having too much traffic. Their entire business model was based on extorting their users. They didn't say it up front, but that "free" domain was only free until its popular, then they cancel it and demand you pay exorbitant fees to get it back.

A bunch of countries walked away from letting them manage their TLD, ICANN has punished them at least twice, and Facebook is suing them over their history of ignoring complaints and abuse reports (filed March 2023, case is still pending, and several places expect them to go bankrupt as a result).

If you need new domains, eu.org is the current recommendation, but wait times can be months to get approved because all domains are human verified over there (partially to prevent exactly what Freenom did).

Edited by wolstech
Lawsuit date was wrong

27 minutes ago, wolstech said:

If you need new domains, eu.org is the current recommendation

We should also point out that we offer free domain names too. yourdomain.helioho.st has the same number of dots as yourdomain.eu.org and is only 4 characters longer. helioho.st and heliohost.us domains are available instantly, start working within 2 hours, and don't require waiting months to get registered.

5 hours ago, wolstech said:

A bunch of countries walked away from letting them manage their TLD, ICANN has punished them at least twice, and Facebook is suing them over their history of ignoring complaints and abuse reports (filed March 2023, case is still pending, and several places expect them to go bankrupt as a result).

Quoting myself here, but for others who read this, it turns out this case was settled 3 weeks ago (Feb 2024). Alongside a settlement announcement agreeing to honor Facebook/Meta's abuse reports going forward, Freenom announced they will also exit the domain registration business...

• wolstech changed the title to [Solved] Missing subdomains
  • Krydos locked this topic