[Solved] I request the unsuspension of this account.

Posted (edited)

I only have one account, and I would like to keep it. Thank you. The second account you are referring to belongs to my co-worker in the publishing house we work for. He has no connection whatsoever to the Irish Haiku Society whose account I manage (this one), although we often log in from the same computer. I don't understand why we are being punished for using the same office computer.

Edited by irlhaiku

19 minutes ago, irlhaiku said:

I don't understand why we are being punished arbitrarily for using the same office computer.

Did you tell us in advance that your coworker and you would be logging in from the same IP and the same browser?

Arbitrary means "Determined by chance, whim, or impulse, and not by necessity, reason, or principle." You weren't arbitrarily suspended. You were suspended because our terms of service state that each person is allowed to have 1 account, and 2 accounts were logged in to from the same IP address and the same browser. 99.99% of the time that means 1 person has more than 1 account. There is a very good reason you were suspended.

Our system tells users apart by the device and network you log in from. If you share a computer or network, you're considered one person to our system.

The account irlhaiku has been unsuspended. I'll let Krydos decide on the other one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Krydos said:

Did you tell us in advance that your coworker and you would be logging in from the same IP and the same browser?

Well, I wasn't asked about that, and neither was he, otherwise we would have told you. We didn't mean to keep it secret. We don't always log in from that computer, you know, but we often do. It is much more convenient than editing websites from our phones.

Thank you for unsuspending Irlhaiku, Wolstech; much appreciated. Should I tell my co-worker that he is supposed to create a separate ticket for his account? Please advise. Thank you.