[Solved] Setting up the nameservers for heliohost

sagnik

Hi, I've updated my DNS records for my domain to point to ns1.heliohost.org & ns2.heliohost.org but still I'm unable to access my domain.

You can check the DNS audit at https://www.dns.computer/dns/sgnetworks.in.eu.org/1vcxnd

Screenshot of EU.ORG NIC portal:

image.png.70ef5eed963ee3407920f58ea77db576.png

Screenshot of ClouDNS portal:

image.thumb.png.e2479cc7149340ba6faebd5cde983ed7.png

• 1 month later...

@wolstech Sorry, I don't get time to manage all these things, that's the reason for getting my account suspended/archived frequently.

Anyway, can you restore the DNS records?

They aren't missing since the account is only inactive (they get deleted only when archived, not for inactivity). I did renew the account for you but it may take a few minutes since load is up at the moment.

Also, Krydos has since enhanced the archive process such that even if the account were fully archived, they should restore themselves now when you unarchive it.

The NS records are invalid at your registrar, or the registrar cancelled your domain on you.

sgnetworks.in.eu.org 1.1.1.1
Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1

*** one.one.one.one can't find sgnetworks.in.eu.org: Non-existent domain

Our DNS is configured and working fine for this domain.

nslookup sgnetworks.in.eu.org ns1.heliohost.org
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  65.19.143.3

Name:    sgnetworks.in.eu.org
Address:  65.19.141.67

nslookup sgnetworks.in.eu.org ns2.heliohost.org
Address:  64.62.211.133

I'll let Krydos take a look at this as I don't see anything wrong on our end. Zone files look fine, check fine, and resolve when queried directly. He's the expert on these name servers though.

I did correct missing A records for your subdomains on Cody (my fault as when I restored this for you I didn't know the DNS servers don't actually talk to each other...), but that didn't resolve the fact the root domain itself still won't resolve.

As for this morning (on a different computer), I get this. The major DNS providers just return nothing at all for your domain. At work last week they returned an NXDOMAIN.

C:\Users\Owner>nslookup sgnetworks.in.eu.org ns1.heliohost.org
Address:  2001:470:1:1ee::3

C:\Users\Owner>nslookup sgnetworks.in.eu.org ns2.heliohost.org
Address:  2001:470:1:1ee::2

C:\Users\Owner>nslookup sgnetworks.in.eu.org 1.1.1.1
Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1

C:\Users\Owner>nslookup sgnetworks.in.eu.org 8.8.8.8
Server:  dns.google
Address:  8.8.8.8

• Like 1

• wolstech changed the title to [Krydos] Setting up the nameservers for heliohost

February 13th, you uploaded a screenshot of ClouDNS portal, can you upload a fresh screenshot of ClouDNS portal?

I spoke with Krydos on this, he confirmed this issue does not look to be on our end, but rather an issue with DNS propagation of the name server settings from in.eu.org. He was able to show that some servers around the world are reporting cloudns as the DNS provider, which is obviously incorrect.

You'll need to contact the admins who handle in.eu.org for assistance with this issue (note that in.eu.org has a different admin from eu.org).

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2024 at 12:36 AM, eotsr said:

February 13th, you uploaded a screenshot of ClouDNS portal, can you upload a fresh screenshot of ClouDNS portal?

image.thumb.png.560035cbe442cd59ff32a1d3b1d80869.png

On 3/27/2024 at 2:17 AM, wolstech said:

I spoke with Krydos on this, he confirmed this issue does not look to be on our end, but rather an issue with DNS propagation of the name server settings from in.eu.org. He was able to show that some servers around the world are reporting cloudns as the DNS provider, which is obviously incorrect.

You'll need to contact the admins who handle in.eu.org for assistance with this issue (note that in.eu.org has a different admin from eu.org).

image.thumb.png.477c22fa25fd0cacae653baf1b85e067.png

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Setting up the nameservers for heliohost
  • Krydos locked this topic