[Solved] Please provide my domain name as:- whatephphatha.co.uk

paulbieniek

You received an email with a link to create the tommy account. It looks like you didn't complete the creation process and abandoned it about an hour and a half ago without entering a domain. Click the email link again and complete the registration. Enter the domain without the www. and make sure you specify its a custom domain.

If you can't get it to work, you can just take one of our subdomains for now and we can add the domain you bought to the account once the account is set up.

After that, you need to set the name servers of the domain to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org (you do this at your domain registrar), and wait up to 2 hours for the site to be set up.

OK... I believe I have completed the registration. I could not create the account using my domain name. So could you add my domain name:-

whatephphatha.co.uk

I'm not sure what:-  
"After that, you need to set the name servers of the domain to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org (you do this at your domain registrar), and wait up to 2 hours for the site to be set up"
this means, but I'll explore once the setup is complete.

Domain added.

Basically there should be an area where you bought the domain from, be it a dashboard or maybe you need to ask their support, to add what's called a nameserver. Your domain needs to point to our nameservers so the domain can display whatever is hosted on your account. 

Hello - I've purchased a domain name:- whatephphatha.co.uk

Can you please set my default domain to this domain name ( whatephphatha.co.uk )

NOT  whatephphatha.helioho.st

Also, once done, can you provide me with the login details to the domain so I can FTP web-page files to the site?

That's perfect. We just need to wait for Krydos, as I previously said, to delete the Addon domain and make it your main. I have no idea what will happen if I make both the main and Addon domain the same and I'm don't want to break anything doing so. Your patience is appreciated. 

Cool... Thanks - No rush...

Also, once complete, could I get access details so I can ftp html files onto the server...(I assume)

Also, FYI, I will be using perl cgi - I assume perl is installed and functional for cgi access (i.e. there either a cgi-bin folder or I'll be able to create one...)

The 403 error is normal when there is no index page in your document root. It will go away on its own once an index page is added.

FTP / SFTP upload can be done using the following: 

Host: tommy2.heliohost.org

Port: 1373 (SFTP protocol), or 21 (explicit FTP over TLS, or plain FTP)

Username: paulbieniek

Password: <same as plesk>

Unfortunately I can't answer the Perl question. That will need to wait for Krydos. 

Also, please keep in mind that we are all volunteers who don't get paid to run HelioHost, and as a result the time for support is usually 24-48 hours, possibly longer. This week in particular may have longer than normal waits due to Thanksgiving in the USA (HelioHost and all root admins are in the USA, and while some of our moderators are located elsewhere, they don't have the access or knowledge to work the escalated bin).

Thanks for the above. I have access now, and I've been able to post and succesfully test a basic index.html file. I'll upload the rest of the files tomorrow...

I tried testing a simple perl cgi file without success... Can someone check that perl is installed and functional for cgi?

AND - THANKS for volunteering... Once I get my feet properly under the table (as a user) and know my way around a little bit, I would be happy to volunteer also... 🙂

Your main domain has been changed to whatephphatha.co.uk. Yes, perl cgi is enabled for everyone by default. You can test it out with a simple example by creating a file named perl.pl inside the cgi-bin directory with the contents

#!/usr/bin/perl

print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n";
print "Perl as CGI is working...";

Then make sure the perl.pl file has 755 permissions and access it in your browser. If you did everything right it will look something like this https://krydos.heliohost.org/perl.pl

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Please provide my domain name as:- whatephphatha.co.uk
  • Krydos locked this topic