[Solved] Character encoding

labbinat

Hello, I have a problem that Arabic texts coming from the database on my site appear as symbols, despite the database’s character encoding being set in Arabic and the pages and tables being encoded, but it appears that the server localhost:3306(MariaDB) is using Latin encoding. How can I correct this?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't change the server encoding because it would affect everyone and likely break other users. If the server encoding needs to be changed, you'd need to buy a VPS instead so you have your own server to run with a different encoding.

That said, I'm not sure if there is another way to make this work. Krydos would be the one to answer.

Ok, your other account has been permanently suspended.

I took a look at your database, and the charset is set to utf8mb4_general_ci which supports Arabic. I took a look at some of your data and it's correctly displayed in Arabic.

image.png.455f581b4e7424481f4b3653c8845d60.png

I checked your website and everything looks correct too

image.png.186dcfbba364a3613fb8b93c8459277f.png

The formatting looks a little weird since the Arabic is right justified, but even a raw database query on the command line loads the Arabic text correctly.

image.png.d34b32932e5e8346c5229031357c8d5c.png

On 10/30/2023 at 3:52 PM, labbinat said:

Arabic texts coming from the database on my site appear as symbols

Can you describe more accurately what you mean by "texts coming from the database" means? Are you using some software to display the Arabic texts? Does the software know how to handle utf8mb4_general_ci? Have you tried any other UTF-8 charsets such as utf8mb4_unicode_ci?

Also please stop clicking the report button. You need to click the reply button at the bottom right. If you keep reporting all of my posts instead of replying to them we might have to ban you for abusing the report function.

Hello, I have several problems with the account, the first of which is the encoding of Arabic letters, and even in the section that appears in the search results, I cannot add Arabic words. The second is a problem with "phpmailer" asking me to install packages and other problems. Note that the files were working well before. What is the solution to that?
I do not know where the reply button is because of my poor English. If my message is wrong, please help me find the appropriate place to reply.

لقطة الشاشة 2023-11-02 090729.png

لقطة الشاشة 2023-11-02 090823.png

لقطة الشاشة 2023-11-02 090852.png

لقطة الشاشة 2023-11-02 090915.png

You will need to be much more specific in what exactly isn't working (such as posting error messages, examples of incorrect data, etc.) if you would like assistance as we don't know what's broken. Your site appears to be working to us, but we cannot tell if the content is correct or not since nobody on our team can speak or understand Arabic.

A VPS would allow you to change the server character encoding if that's what you're asking, but I don't know if that will solve the problem you're experiencing since we don't know what the problem is.