[Solved] DKIM and Sender e-mail

luanfrj

Hi, I enabled the DKIM in Plesk, but I didn't find how to set the DNS records. I am using Heliohost nameservers.

I would like that e-mails could be sent from contact@luan.eng.br, but actually they are sent by luanreis@luan.heliohost.org (in X-Postfix-Sender). Is it possible to change?

Regards,
Luan

6 hours ago, luanfrj said:

DKIM in Plesk, but I didn't find how to set the DNS records.

SPF, DKIM, and DMARC has been set up for the domain luan.eng.br. I recommend sending a test email to https://www.mail-tester.com/ to make sure everything is configured correctly. If you get less than a 10/10 please post the link to the full report so we can fix any other issues that there may be.

e-mails could be sent from contact@luan.eng.br, but actually they are sent by luanreis@luan.heliohost.org

How are you sending the emails? Mail client? PHP software on the server? Roundcube webmail client? Paper and ink?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Krydos said:

SPF, DKIM, and DMARC has been set up for the domain luan.eng.br. I recommend sending a test email to https://www.mail-tester.com/ to make sure everything is configured correctly. If you get less than a 10/10 please post the link to the full report so we can fix any other issues that there may be.

How are you sending the emails? Mail client? PHP software on the server? Roundcube webmail client? Paper and ink?

I am sending email from PHP software on the server using mail() function.

I am sending email from PHP software on the server using mail() function.

Post the full report link for https://www.mail-tester.com/ sent from the PHP software even if the score is 10/10 so I can take a look at the headers.

If you're not using your luan.heliohost.org domain we could just remove it and make luan.eng.br your main domain. That would for sure fix it.

Hello,
Here is the result from mail-tester: https://www.mail-tester.com/test-fvr1p2lhf

I have a MX record that send e-mails from luan@luan.heliohost.org to Google Workspace. If domain luan.heliohost.org be removed, it will keep working?

Thanks,
Luan

12 minutes ago, luanfrj said:

I have a MX record that send e-mails from luan@luan.heliohost.org to Google Workspace. If domain luan.heliohost.org be removed, it will keep working?

No, but we could set up the MX record on the luan.eng.br domain instead. Emails sent to luan@luan.heliohost.org would all bounce once the domain is removed so you would need to update anyone/anything that is sending emails to that address.

Another option is we could set luan.eng.br as your main domain, and set luan.heliohost.org as an addon domain. That way the MX record would still send to Google Workspace, and the PHP would continue to send from your main domain.

Another option is you could look at the settings in your PHP software to see if you can use SMTP or something or maybe there are some config related to the sending domain.

15 minutes ago, Krydos said:

Another option is we could set luan.eng.br as your main domain, and set luan.heliohost.org as an addon domain. That way the MX record would still send to Google Workspace, and the PHP would continue to send from your main domain.

In this case you can set the luan.eng.br as main domain.

18 minutes ago, Krydos said:

Another option is you could look at the settings in your PHP software to see if you can use SMTP or something or maybe there are some config related to the sending domain.

I will search about change the PHP settings too. I think sendmail get by default username@domain 

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] DKIM and Sender e-mail
On 10/26/2023 at 4:35 PM, Krydos said:

That way the MX record would still send to Google Workspace, and the PHP would continue to send from your main domain.

Hi Krydos, I am here annoying again...
I think after change the main domain something was lost in MX records. I am not receiving emails in Google Workspace anymore. 
It's possible to check and include these MX Records in domain luan.heliohost.org:

Name/Host/Alias* Priority Value/Answer/Destination
Blank or @ 1 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
Blank or @ 5 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
Blank or @ 5 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
Blank or @ 10 ALT3.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
Blank or @ 10 ALT4.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM

Would be possible to users edit these DNS settings in Plesk as we did in cPanel?

Thanks,
Luan

On 10/29/2023 at 6:22 PM, luanfrj said:

I think after change the main domain something was lost in MX records.

The MX records have been set again.

On 10/29/2023 at 6:22 PM, luanfrj said:

Would be possible to users edit these DNS settings in Plesk as we did in cPanel?

Yes, eventually you will be able to edit DNS records yourself.

• Thanks 1

• Krydos locked this topic