[Solved] Setup TXT record for DKIM purpose

addiesam

Hello!!

Could you please help setup a TXT Record to my domain?  I would like to use my own email out going server with DKIM support.  Thank you!!

username: optbeacon

domain: optbeacon.com

DNS setup:

Type:

TXT Record

Host:

email._domainkey

Value:

v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC/RKEAQmqAFeECpQcEFYq2OQ54ScS/KF2QbUA7s1d5PhFEdCpTy23BJ+pe4KYNt9XlVkRxMfcwxe6f2Itv5YIYIUA+LNx63ReofpjPF3koMdje51hF4ynBgxUfNEiv3BAt8dCMIWB/I/MNLpSFESJwLV+/UaDIF0ZfQ2MGJHeanQIDAQAB

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Setup TXT record for DKIM purpose

Hello Krydos,

could you please kindly set the public key value as:

v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC/RKEAQmqAFeECpQcEFYq2OQ54ScS/KF2QbUA7s1d5PhFEdCpTy23BJ+pe4KYNt9XlVkRxMfcwxe6f2Itv5YIYIUA+LNx63ReofpjPF3koMdje51hF4ynBgxUfNEiv3BAt8dCMIWB/I/MNLpSFESJwLV+/UaDIF0ZfQ2MGJHeanQIDAQAB

thanks!!

Is there any particular reason you want the wrong DKIM value set? Plesk determines the DKIM value for you, and if you set it to the wrong value you listed above your emails sent through Plesk will be marked as spam since DKIM will fail. If you're sending emails through something other than Plesk you need to let me know the DKIM identifier. Plesk uses "default" so it will have to be something other than that if you want to be able to send emails through Plesk and some other service.

Thank you for reply.  After consideration, we would like to shift back the DNS as well as email server to external (in fact  we just use email forwarding :)) and make a sub-domain to here for web hosting.

It is better than separated incoming and outgoing email server.

Please close this case.  Thank you.

You can use external DNS and host the domain directly with us by setting your A record to 65.19.141.77 and your AAAA record to 2001:470:1:1ee::2002. You don't have to use our NS to host a domain with us.

No problem. A lot of people like to use external DNS, such as Cloudflare, right now since you can't edit DNS records yourself through Plesk yet. Hopefully we'll have that DNS editing functionality implemented in the next month or two.

• Like 1

• Krydos locked this topic