[Solved] Undelivered emails (Reverse DNS Issue)

seintitus

On 7/4/2023 at 2:20 PM, seintitus said:

Hello. The outgoing emails from my account (info@cyclos.za.org) fail to be delivered. I am hereby attaching a screenshot.

Regards,

Titus

Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 22.15.14.png

Gmail is very strict on emails. Most emails originating from heliohost ip addresses often do not deliver because gmail see these as spam and blocks them. Even main heliohost emails sometimes don't deliver.

Looks like gmail blocked it due to a missing PTR record. A PTR record tells where the email originated from (i.e a hostname or ip address). This block is to prevent spam as scammers often spoof emails from legitimate email addresses.

It's because his account is on the backup IP we used to keep it online during the recent DDoS. Tommy's .106 IP does not have reverse DNS configured, so accounts on it cannot send to Gmail.

Krydos can fix it.

• wolstech changed the title to [Krydos] Undelivered emails (Reverse DNS Issue)

It should be fixed now. Try sending an email to https://www.mail-tester.com/ to make sure everything is good. Please note that each time server your account is on is targeted by a DDoS we may need to move your account to an alternate IP to mitigate the downtime for everyone's websites. This may temporarily break the email. After 1 week without a DDoS attack we will move everything back to the original IPs.

Oh my bad, I didn't notice that you had let your account get archived. When an account gets archived the SPF, DKIM, and DMARC get deleted, so when you renew your account you have to request them be set up again. Try sending another test email.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Undelivered emails (Reverse DNS Issue)
  • Krydos locked this topic