[Solved] VPS subscription 07.2023 - 01.2024

allu62

The subsription of my VPS ends on 7th July and I wanted to ask if you can post me a link, giving me the possibility to renew for another 6 months (or 12 months if this should be possible). Or, is there menwhile a general link, where subscription payments from 6 months to 6 months (each time a new payment, no automatic renewal) may be made?

Thanks.

Here is the payment link for another 6 months https://heliohost.org/vps/pay/?code=nsy13vgkn8jpMQIF

We don't have a 12 month plan or a pay as you go option currently. We may add them in the future. There are a few Indians who are unable to set up subscriptions because of their country's crazy laws, and a few other people have expressed interest in just paying month to month manually rather than using an automatic subscription. We'll make a news post when that functionality is added.

Thanks a lot. And sorry not to do "as I should". But, I think that it would be respectless to make an automatic renewal debit on the credit card of someone else... I'll make the payment tomorrow or Thursday. Do you still have the email address of my sponsor (it's that email that will appear on the payment documents)?

Can you please confirm me what exactly you did when Hestia was down on my VPS? An update of Ubuntu (not of Hestia)? I ask because it's happening again. For the major part my own fault, because I didn't update Ubuntu (Hestia updates automatically, I think). No doubt that if I don't want to risk to loose my website, I'll have to become more serious concerning the administration of the VPS!

Have a nice day.

3 hours ago, allu62 said:

Can you please confirm me what exactly you did when Hestia was down on my VPS? An update of Ubuntu (not of Hestia)? I ask because it's happening again.

Generally what happens is the old Hestia process locks up and won't exit. You can force it to exit by using the kill command. Then you can do apt update and apt upgrade to update the software for the whole server.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] VPS subscription 07.2023 - 01.2024
  • Krydos locked this topic