[Solved] Questions about Addon/Parked Domains and Document Root

sagnik

Hi! I'm totally new to Plesk, so I might be missing something.

But anyway, I need to add the following domains as add-ons:

And the following subdomains:

And I need to park sgnetworks.in.eu.org on the main domain sgnetworks.heliohost.us. Also, I need to change the document root to be set to match the Apache HTTPD document root "/home/user/public_html".

For erp.estatehunt.in.eu.org : /{{home_dir}}/eh/public_html (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/eh/public_html or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/eh/public_html :

• {{user}} = sgn
  • {{addonuser}} = eh
  • {{subuser}} = erp

Document roots to be set:

• sgnetworks.in.eu.org (for main domain): /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html
  • estatehunt.in.eu.org : /{{home_dir}}/eh/public_html (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/eh/public_html or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/eh/public_html
  • sgads.in.eu.org : /{{home_dir}}/sga/public_html (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/sga/public_html or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/sga/public_html
  • sgsoft.in.eu.org : /{{home_dir}}/sgs/public_html (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/sgs/public_html or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/sgs/public_html
  • questry.in.eu.org : /{{home_dir}}/questry/public_html (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/questry/public_html or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/questry/public_html
  • ceramic.eu.org : /{{home_dir}}/ceramic/public_html (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/ceramic/public_html or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/ceramic/public_html

For all subdomains: if it's set to /{{home_dir}}/{{addonuser}}/public_html/{{subuser}} (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/{{addonuser}}/{{subuser}} or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/{{addonuser}}/public_html/{{subuser}}, for example,

• erp.estatehunt.in.eu.org : /{{home_dir}}/eh/public_html/erp (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/eh/erp or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/eh/public_html/erp

Excessive numbers of domains is a leading cause of our servers being slow. Numerous recent requests like yours are now forcing us to consider limiting the number people have. It would be appreciated if instead you used folders inside of fewer domains, as folders on a domain have 0 impact on server performance unlike adding an actual domain/subdomain.

We might be able to accommodate this, but it'll be up to Krydos, and do you really need all of these?

Well, if it affects the performance of the server then it's fine to not add all of the domains but I need the following domains to be added:

sgnetworks.in.eu.org

estatehunt.in.eu.org

sgsoft.in.eu.org

And all the subdomains listed for the above domains but you may skip the subdomains starting with 'erp, cms, rsm, dev, console'.

15 hours ago, sagnik said:

sgnetworks.in.eu.org

estatehunt.in.eu.org

sgsoft.in.eu.org

Added. Please limit yourself to 10 domains total. You have 4 right now so you can have up to 6 more.

The domain has been added, but in order to actually host it with us you must do 1 of the following 2 options.

1. Use our nameservers by logging in to your registrar and setting your NS records to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org
  2. Use any external DNS that you want, Cloudflare is a popular free option, and create an A record with the value 65.19.141.67 and an AAAA record with the value 2001:470:1:1ee::2009
  • Thanks 1

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Questions about Addon/Parked Domains and Document Root
On 6/23/2023 at 1:02 PM, sagnik said:

Hi! I'm totally new to Plesk, so I might be missing something.

But anyway, I need to add the following domains as add-ons:

And the following subdomains:

And I need to park sgnetworks.in.eu.org on the main domain sgnetworks.heliohost.us. Also, I need to change the document root to be set to match the Apache HTTPD document root "/home/user/public_html".

For erp.estatehunt.in.eu.org : /{{home_dir}}/eh/public_html (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/eh/public_html or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/eh/public_html :

• {{user}} = sgn
  • {{addonuser}} = eh
  • {{subuser}} = erp

Document roots to be set:

• sgnetworks.in.eu.org (for main domain): /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html
  • estatehunt.in.eu.org : /{{home_dir}}/eh/public_html (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/eh/public_html or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/eh/public_html
  • sgads.in.eu.org : /{{home_dir}}/sga/public_html (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/sga/public_html or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/sga/public_html
  • sgsoft.in.eu.org : /{{home_dir}}/sgs/public_html (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/sgs/public_html or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/sgs/public_html
  • questry.in.eu.org : /{{home_dir}}/questry/public_html (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/questry/public_html or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/questry/public_html
  • ceramic.eu.org : /{{home_dir}}/ceramic/public_html (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/ceramic/public_html or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/ceramic/public_html

For all subdomains: if it's set to /{{home_dir}}/{{addonuser}}/public_html/{{subuser}} (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/{{addonuser}}/{{subuser /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/{{addonuser}}/public_html/{{subuser}}, for example,

• erp.estatehunt.in.eu.org : /{{home_dir}}/eh/public_html/erp (preferred) or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/eh/erp or /{{home_dir}}/sgn/public_html/eh/public_html/erp

@Krydos did you added the subdomains as well?

And you said that, I've a limit of 10 domains, so can you add the remaining 2 domains as well? If yes, then just read the quoted message, which properly states what I need.

No, because your post is extremely long and confusing and I don't want to waste my time trying to figure it out. If you need subdomains please state the full domain, and it can be added.

Okay fine. Here's the list:

The domains:

The subdomains:

Document roots to be set for the domains:

Document roots to be set for the subdomains:

And if the list of domains and subdomains exceeds the limit of 10 domains in total, then skip the following domains:

And all the subdomains of sgsoft.in.eu.org.

Since you listed way more than 10 domains I just added the first 10 which are

sgnetworks.heliohost.us
sgnetworks.in.eu.org
estatehunt.in.eu.org (not hosted by us)
sgsoft.in.eu.org (not hosted by us)
sgads.in.eu.org
questry.in.eu.org (not hosted by us)
ceramic.eu.org (not hosted by us)
cdn.sgnetworks.in.eu.org
accounts.sgnetworks.in.eu.org
myaccount.sgnetworks.in.eu.org

Regarding the document roots, you will be able to change those yourself once domain adding/removing is implemented.

Also, be aware that if limiting domains to 10 doesn't improve the uptime enough we may lower the limit even further. We are planning on allowing people to have more than 10 domains with a donation, but we haven't finalized the pricing yet. We'll make a news post once that is decided.

Okay, but can you add the subdomains of sgsoft.in.eu.org:

By removing the following domains:

For the document roots, I'm unable to change those values as there's no option to change this. I somehow need to match it like /home/sgn/public_html instead of "/htdocs/".

And one more thing, how can the domain "sgads.eu.org" resolve perfectly, I mean, I've not set the DNS to 'HelioHost" yet.

And previously, when Heliohost was using cPanel as a control panel, I had to use "ClouDNS" to set the nameservers. But this time the nameservers were not even set to point to Heliohost nameservers.

They don't fit in your account, so no. If we removed 2 and added those 4, you'd have 12 domains, which is over the limit of 10. 

Also, plesk uses httpdocs instead, it is equivalent to public_html.

The sgads domain does not work for me, it resolves to a suspended page for a cpanel server. If it's working for you, it's probably something like being in the host file on your computer.

• Thanks 1

Okay, but, if I couldn't change the document root, I will have to rewrite all the scripts relying on it.

Which ones need their docroot moved?

We can move them for you, but keep in mind that if your scripts care about the name of a docroot, they're poorly written. Good scripts won't care where they are located.

You should be using relative paths to reference files within a website, and if multiple sites are doing something like sharing includes, you'd be best served by moving the shared files outside of the docroot of another website (e.g. instead of a script for one domain needing a shared include referenced as ../../otherdomain.heliohost.us/public_html/includes/something.php, move the folder containing the shared components into your home folder and edit the sites using them to reference it as ../../includes/something.php).

• Thanks 1

Okay, I understand. First of all, let me try them if any of the websites aren't working properly as they should be then I'll let you know about it, till then let them be as it is.

• Krydos locked this topic