[Answered] Adding domains to my account

Terru Ku

Currently i have the default domain that is provided when a new account is opened. I would like to now add some domains to my account. here are a few questions on how to do that.

1. How do i add new domains? is it only a support ticket?

2. i can't transfer my NameServer names so can i just use a A / AAAA record to redirect the domain to helliohost?

3. if i create a DB can i access it from outside your hosting? or is it acceable only from your servers?

4. if i can't access the DB how can i take backups of it? (any automated way?)

5. Can i run cron jobs on my domains? given i have no ssh access?

1. Support case.

2. That's fine. Just set an A record pointed to the server's IP. Johnny users are 65.19.141.67 and Tommy users are 65.19.141.77. You'll also want to create SPF and MX records if you plan to use email.

3. Yes. MySql/mariaDB allows remote access, you're given the option option enable it when you create the user for the database. Postgres can do remote access as well, but Krydos has to set it up for each individual database and user if they want it.

4. N/A since remote access is supported.

5. I believe there's an option for task scheduling in Plesk for this (can't look at the moment, on mobile). Keep in mind that historically cron has been limited to 2 executions per day, though that limit is currently relaxed. Overuse of cron may cause a load suspension. If enough people abuse it, the limit may be enforced again.