[Solved] Request to install Python modules on Johnny

advaithm

Username: advaithm

Server: Johnny

Main Domain: amsdc.helioho.st

---

I would like the following Python modules to be installed on the Johnny server. These modules are required to run one of my Flask projects, which I'm serving using the WSGI file.

The list is in the format of requirements.txt. Do pardon me if I have repeated modules which are already installed on the server.

aniso8601==9.0.1
click==8.1.3
colorama==0.4.4
Flask==2.1.2
Flask-HTTPAuth==4.6.0
Flask-Mail==0.9.1
Flask-MySQLdb==1.0.1
Flask-RESTful==0.3.9
itsdangerous==2.1.2
Jinja2==3.1.2
MarkupSafe==2.1.1
mysqlclient==2.1.1
PyJWT==2.4.0
python-dotenv==0.20.0
pytz==2022.1
six==1.16.0
Werkzeug==2.1.2
onetimepass==1.0.1

If it is not possible to install any of the packages, please do let me know and I'll try to find an alternative/manage without it.

Installed. Some comments though.

First, you requested Flask 2.1.2 when Flask 2.2.2 is already installed. Since everyone on the server shares the same Flask version we don't downgrade any modules ever because that is almost guaranteed to break someone else's website. It's more likely that a newer version of a module is backwards compatible though. If it doesn't work for some reason you'll have to change your code to support the newer version of Flask.

Second, Flask-MySQLdb cannot be installed because mysqlclient cannot be installed. The module mysql-connector-python is already installed so that is the way you'll need to connect to your database. It's kind of redundant to have 15 different MySQL modules that do exactly the same thing anyways.

Finally, if you need any other modules installed please reference https://johnny.kairion.eu.org/pyinfo/info3.10.py first and only request modules that aren't already installed. It saves me quite a bit of time to not have to check 15 different modules that are already installed.

• Thanks 1

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Request to install Python modules on Johnny

Thank you so much @Krydos.

P.S.

10 hours ago, Krydos said:

Finally, if you need any other modules installed please reference https://johnny.kairion.eu.org/pyinfo/info3.10.py first and only request modules that aren't already installed. It saves me quite a bit of time to not have to check 15 different modules that are already installed.

Was not aware of this link. I had read the documentation, but this link wasn't mentioned anywhere. Had I known about it, I wouldn't have blindly pasted my requirements.txt file. It would be helpful if you could add this link to the docs (GitBook).

We're planning on adding a Python page to the dashboard that will list the installed modules, and allow you to request them through the website too. Adding that link to the wiki in the meantime is a good idea though. Thanks.

• Like 1

• Krydos locked this topic