[Solved] "FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host"

porcaro

I'm trying to connect to johnny.heliohost.org but I'm getting the following error message: 
"FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host"

The call: c:\pgsql\bin\psql -h johnny.heliohost.org -p 5432 -d porcaro_mentoria -U porcaro_mentor

The complete answer: 
psql: error: 
connection to server at "johnny.heliohost.org" (2001:470:1:1ee::2009), port 5432 failed: FATAL:  
no pg_hba.conf entry for host "2804:1b3:a003:853e:f90f:d4ce:915:5fc3", user "porcaro_mentor", database "porcaro_mentoria", SSL encryption
connection to server at "johnny.heliohost.org" (2001:470:1:1ee::2009), port 5432 failed: FATAL:  
no pg_hba.conf entry for host "2804:1b3:a003:853e:f90f:d4ce:915:5fc3", user "porcaro_mentor", database "porcaro_mentoria", no encryption

I don't know what to do because I can connect thru DBeaver, for example, but not thru pgsql.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Remote postgres is disabled by default. If you need that, Krydos has to enable it for each database and user that needs it.

Since the user and database name are listed in the command, I'll escalate this for you to get it turned on.

UPDATE: I successfully connected using PGSQL.

I have changed the host from johnny.heliohost.com to IP4 address: 65.19.141.67 and it worked.

PGSQL was using the IP6 address and it was not working. IP4 worked fine,

Now it is ok. I believe you guys can mark this topic as solved.

Thanks!

• wolstech changed the title to [Solved] "FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host"
  • Krydos locked this topic