Questions with VPS Hosting and Multiple Websites

aaronmaruska

Hello,

I have different domains (WordPress sites) that are scattered among 5 different hosting plans and want to bring them all under one server for management as well as cost. I have been looking at the Earth VPS package but when it comes to SSH and Ubuntu, it’s not an everyday environment for me in being a frontend person.

I already have a domain hosted with you folks (saturdaymarket.live) and like the Plesk interface.

So, a few questions

1.  You mention web a web-based interface as an alternative, would it be Plesk, and could I set up and manage all my domains within that interface?
  2. I have sent up sites (WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal, as well as Static HTML) via SFTP, is this something I would be looking at in a similar fashion?
  3. If the server software is Plesk, are there any licensing or EULA’s I must be aware of with having multiple domains?

As a front-end web dev and digital marketer, these are areas I have knowledge of, but my backend experience again has been minimal. Thanks for answering my questions ahead of time, and I am really looking forward to getting all my sites into one centralized server as well as a single IP address.

Regards,

Aaron Maruska

On a VPS, it can be anything you want including Plesk. Just keep in mind though that Plesk is not free, so on top of your VPS you'd need to pay a monthly fee for a license for it separately.

There are plenty of free control panels though that won't need a separate license. See this topic from a while back:

2 hours ago, aaronmaruska said:
  1.  You mention web a web-based interface as an alternative, would it be Plesk, and could I set up and manage all my domains within that interface?
  2. I have sent up sites (WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal, as well as Static HTML) via SFTP, is this something I would be looking at in a similar fashion?
  3. If the server software is Plesk, are there any licensing or EULA’s I must be aware of with having multiple domains?
  1. wolstech already answered, but yes, it is possible to use Plesk, though it is a paid software. It can also be achieved with other server/web control panels.
  2. Yes, all server/web control panels usually include all services you may need, like a web server, FTP server, email server etc. SFTP is also always available because it is based on SSH, which all VPS plans provide.
  3. Yes, there is. The cheaper Plesk license, named "Web Admin Edition", costs $13.50/month and allows hosting up to 10 domains. You can check all Plesk license options at https://www.plesk.com/pricing/.