[Solved] Move my account email -> Tommy... no longer possible to transfer. Need Johnny invite apparently (per other support)?

flexo

acct: "flexman"

Got email 5 Feb. Tried the migration, and surprise, "server is down with drive corruption", so I'll have to wait. You didn't extend the shutdown time though. Now completely deactivated, and no more account at all?

So looks like I'll need to ask for a server invite, if the account hasn't been moved elsewhere and was just tossed.  "download your backup" still has my email address.

We didn't extend the shut down time as we had nowhere to put the cPanel Tommy (the server that now houses Plesk Tommy couldn't fit both). The few days it was up after that ransomware attack, it was left on the infected Eddie box and actually kept us from reinstalling ESX to complete the cleanup. Our original plans were to just discard the accounts on it, so the fact we were able to get it working long enough to make backups was actually an improvement over the goal.

An invite for a Johnny account has been sent to you. All migrated (and now replacement) Tommy accounts are being put to Johnny for capacity reasons at this time, though we plan to offer moves back to Tommy in the future at no cost.

Thanks! Flexo account created.

Domains to add:

<removed>

<removed>

(please edit account details out of posts after creation for security)

Domains currently pointed to your nameservers.

("custom" domain dropdown in account creation did nothing but say "a dot is required", while not allowing input.)

Edited by Krydos
removed domains

• wolstech changed the title to [Krydos] Move my account email -> Tommy... no longer possible to transfer. Need Johnny invite apparently (per other support)?

Thanks. If only one domain is supported for email, I'd like hotnova.com to be the primary site. A xxx.heliohost.us type domain I don't need, unless needed for internal management or as the virtual root.

Don't see an option in "create email" for a wildcard catch-all email?

10 hours ago, flexo said:

("custom" domain dropdown in account creation did nothing but say "a dot is required", while not allowing input.)

It's worked just fine for hundreds of other people. I just tested it and it's working for me too.

image.png.967f7c7c1f141f7d8cbd4e60e5826718.png

What browser are you using?

The domains have been added to your account.

7 hours ago, wolstech said:

7 minutes ago, Krydos said:

It's worked just fine for hundreds of other people. I just tested it and it's working for me too.

image.png.967f7c7c1f141f7d8cbd4e60e5826718.png

What browser are you using?

The domains have been added to your account.

UI fail then. One tries to follow the example of the pre-populated TLDs from heliohost being input into the right box.

2 hours ago, flexo said:

UI fail then.

That seems a bit harsh considering hundreds of people have figured it out without help, and you're the first to not get it. What would suggest then? There are well over 1500 TLDs and more are added every day. Do you really think we should add a dropdown with 1500+ options?

You have the left box that is taking two distinct types of data. Either only a "user account"-style subdomain, which will have the dropdown-selected Heliohost main domain name appended. Or, in opposition to that mechanism, a fully-qualified domain name if "custom" is selected.  At face value, from hinting of the first choices, correct input appears like "mysite.com.custom"

I think I would have a radio button selection above. () Create a new site using a custom heliohost-provided domain, or  () I have my own domain name through a registrar.  And then dynamically grey or display two different input areas.

Thanks again for everything!

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Move my account email -> Tommy... no longer possible to transfer. Need Johnny invite apparently (per other support)?

Thanks for the feedback. We might try that if people continue to have problems with it.  

On 2/24/2023 at 4:39 AM, flexo said:

You didn't extend the shutdown time though.

Also for the record on February 1st we announced that Tommy would be shut down on February 13th. You can read the news post here

Then we extended the shutdown time out to February 18th.

• Krydos locked this topic