[Solved] Need to change open_basedir value

mrj

Hello,

I am getting this error in my PHP script:

Warning: require_once(): open_basedir restriction in effect

So I want to change it for me to to /home/mrj.

I think it would be best if you set it /home/{username} for all user.

Thanks in advanced.

Your home folder is /home/mrj.heliohost.us on Plesk (Plesk uses your main domain as your home folder's name, silly design but it is what it is).

As for changing open_basedir, I recall someone else asked this and I think the response was that we can't do this because it posed a security risk. I'll escalate it to Krydos to confirm though.

28 minutes ago, wolstech said:

Your home folder is /home/mrj.heliohost.us on Plesk (Plesk uses your main domain as your home folder's name, silly design but it is what it is).

As for changing open_basedir, I recall someone else asked this and I think the response was that we can't do this because it posed a security risk. I'll escalate it to Krydos to confirm though.

Okay, thank you. It was not a problem in cpanel. But it became a problem in plesk.

16 hours ago, mrj said:

It was not a problem in cpanel. But it became a problem in plesk.

It was a problem in cPanel because cPanel's implementation of open basedir allowed hackers to access other people's home directories. Plesk is more secure in that regard, and appears to not have that vulnerability.

What directory are you trying to access, or did the error go away when you realized that your home directory is your main domain now, not your username?

On 1/11/2023 at 1:56 PM, Krydos said:

What directory are you trying to access, or did the error go away when you realized that your home directory is your main domain now, not your username

Ah! After some digging, it's finally working now! Thanks for your assistance.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Need to change open_basedir value
  • Krydos locked this topic