[Solved] Increase Storage, add new alias & enable compressed URLs

Kairion

User: fasouza | Server: Tommy | Main domain: fasouza.eu.org

Hello guys, I hope you're all fine.

I'd like to request an increase on my account's storage of 1000 MB.

Here's the transaction ID on PayPal:Ā 1MT65525Y2984620R

Also I'd like to see if it's possible to create an alias blog.felipeamorim.eu.org pointing to blog.fasouza.eu.org and if it's possible to enableĀ BROTLI or GZIP or my account.

As usual, thank you for this service and your kindly support šŸ˜„

Edited by Kairion
Solved.

• Kairion changed the title to Increase Storage, add new alias & enable compressed URLs
6 hours ago, Kairion said:

I'd like to request an increase on my account's storage of 1000 MB.

Your storage has been increased to 2000 MB. Thanks for the donation.

if it's possible to create an alias blog.felipeamorim.eu.org pointing to blog.fasouza.eu.org

Not possible to create an alias of a sudomain. It's also not possible to create a subdomain on an alias. What I could do is convertĀ felipeamorim.eu.org to a normal domain and then create a blog subdomain on it pointed to the same webroot asĀ blog.fasouza.eu.org.

if it's possible to enableĀ BROTLI or GZIP or my account.

Gzip should be enabled already, but it'd be a good idea to switch to Brotli. I'll take a look at it tomorrow maybe.

6 hours ago, Krydos said:

Not possible to create an alias of a sudomain. It's also not possible to create a subdomain on an alias. What I could do is convertĀ felipeamorim.eu.org to a normal domain and then create a blog subdomain on it pointed to the same webroot asĀ blog.fasouza.eu.org.

I'm not sure how to ask it on Plesk, but what I'm aiming is something like *.felipeamorim.eu.org/* redirecting (HTTP 301 redirection) to *.fasouza.eu.org/* so whatever subdomain or whatever file/directory used on "felipeamorim.eu.org" would be pointed towards its counterpart on "fasouza.eu.org". Is it possible?

7 hours ago, Krydos said:

Gzip should be enabled already, but it'd be a good idea to switch to Brotli. I'll take a look at it tomorrow maybe.

That's odd. If GZIP is enabled then I'll have to check Grav, since Plesk's site audit warns me of two uncompressed URLs. I'll look into it, thanks.

Alright, I disabled deflate and enabled broccoli. It took me quite a bit of screwing around before I finally realized that it wasn't compressing text/html mime types, but it is enabled for

text/plain
text/css
application/json
application/javascript
application/x-javascript
text/xml
application/xml
application/xml+rss
text/javascript

I created this test file

<?php

header("Content-Type: text/plain");
echo "Does it work?";

And it reports the correct compression

root@brody [/home/krydos]# curl --silent -IL https://krydos.heliohost.org/br.php -H "Accept-Encoding: br"|grep 'Content-Encoding'
Content-Encoding: br

You can also see that Chrome is using the compression

image.png.41ccea192840210dd2a2bfc4b1ef1e0c.png

This page reports it's working tooĀ https://www.ipvoid.com/brotli-test/

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2022 at 11:56 AM, Kairion said:

what I'm aiming is something like *.felipeamorim.eu.org/* redirecting (HTTP 301 redirection) to *.fasouza.eu.org/* so whatever subdomain or whatever file/directory used on "felipeamorim.eu.org" would be pointed towards its counterpart on "fasouza.eu.org". Is it possible?

You could create a wildcard subdomain on felipeamorim.eu.org and use .htaccess rules to redirect to the other domain. In order to create a wildcard subdomain I'll have to delete the domain as an alias and add it as a regular domain. Let me know if you want me to do that.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Krydos said:

You could create a wildcard subdomain on felipeamorim.eu.org and use .htaccess rules to redirect to the other domain. In order to create a wildcard subdomain I'll have to delete the domain as an alias and add it as a regular domain. Let me know if you want me to do that.

Wow, that's actually a pretty nice idea. Please do so and thanks for the insight.

Alright, the wildcard subdomain is created and the webroot is the home/wildcard directory. The baseĀ felipeamorim.eu.org without a subdomain points to the home/felipeamorim.eu.org directory. You can create .htaccess redirects in those two directories to redirect everything to your other domain.

• Thanks 1

• Kairion changed the title to [Solved] Increase Storage, add new alias & enable compressed URLs
  • Krydos locked this topic