[Solved] Can't access my databases

kr4cher

Dear Heliohost Team,

since about 2 weeks I have no access to my PostgreSQL databases. They are not displayed in Plesk either, but they seem to still exist. However, I get the following error when trying to connect:

FATAL: password authentication failed for user "******"

I am sure that I am using the correct credentials, as they worked before.

The following databases are affected:

Server: tommy.heliohost.org

• kr4cher_teamguard
  • kr4cher_teamguard_test

If needed, I will send the usernames via PM.

Thanks, kr4cher

I don't see any PostgreSQL databases on cPanel so there was nothing to transfer to Plesk. I did take a look at your backup from 2021-07-18 and the two databases you listed are in that backup. Not sure how they got deleted off cPanel though. That definitely hasn't happened to anyone else.

I created the databases and database users through Plesk and then restored your backups from last year. You can change the passwords of the users through Plesk. Let us know if you're still having any issues.

8 hours ago, kr4cher said:

But unfortunately I still have no access, authentication fails even when I set a new password.

How are you trying to connect? I just reset the password for prod_user and was able to login and see the teamgaurd database and all the schemas and everything.

Also, is there no way to restore the current state of the database?

The current state of what database? Where is it hosted? Neither database exist on Tommy. The only place I could find either database was in your backup.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried locally with a DB client. I remember I had to request remote access for the databases to connect from another IP than the Host. If this is the case I would ask you to enable database access for all IPs again.

But that`s really weird. I have no Idea where these databases have gone. 🤯 I used them on Tommy with my existing users for about 2 years now without any problems.

Remote access to kr4cher_teamguard has been granted to kr4cher_teamguard_prod_user and remote access to kr4cher_teamguard_test has been granted to kr4cher_teamguard_test_user.

But that`s really weird. I have no Idea where these databases have gone. 🤯 I used them on Tommy with my existing users for about 2 years now without any problems.

Sorry, I don't know what to tell you. We've had quite a few PostgreSQL databases transferred from cPanel to Plesk and most of them had messed up permissions, but the data itself was intact. Not sure what happened to yours.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Can't access my databases
  • Krydos locked this topic