Causes of not receiving emails from Gmail

I was looking at some posts related to Gmail so I investigated them. I found the cause.

example.heliohost.org. 14400 IN TXT
v=spf1 +a +mx +ip4:65.19.143.6 ~all

This is the Tommy server SPF record. There is no +a setting. The host name is added after +a. example: +a:example.hellohost.org 
From this, Gmail refused delivery due to indefinite SPF settings. However, some mail servers still deliver.
I removed +a from this record. After that, emails sent from Gmail came to HelioHost.

If you see this, please check this first with an email address that does not affect the sending and receiving of emails, and add a comment.
With this confirmation, the administrator will be able to modify the name server.

That's gmail being gmail. The "a" by itself is in fact valid syntax. https://dmarcian.com/spf-syntax-table/ Without the domain after it, it means "look at the A record for this zone".

That said, I'm sure we could modify the default zone tables to omit it or make it "+a:tommy.heliohost.org" or the like instead if it really does fix the issue. Gmail is by far the largest email provider we see. Do you have the rejection messages from Google by chance? I'd love to see what Google is saying.

Edited by wolstech
Ask for logs

Perhaps the SPF record specs have changed several times. The old specifications are maintained.

Google only specifies a:example.host.name for this SPF record.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/10683907

I've seen other information as well, but most of them just mention a:example.host.name as well.

Since ip4 and mx already exist on the same server, removing +a is sufficient.

Yes, I think there is that too. There are many reasons why you may not be able to communicate with Gmail. (Recently, there has been abuse of spam)

I was able to receive an email from Gmail after changing the SPF record, so I reported this.
However, when you test this, the situation may have changed due to other factors.