Hi, I want to help with things like ESXi

meowcat2

Hi, my name is meowcat, I have some experience with VMware products like ESXi and vCenter, mainly newer versions (after 6.5) but I have worked with older versions too. I also have experience with linux itself, so I can help maintain linux servers.

Thanks for considering me!

The way you get into such a position is to work your way up. We don't seek staff for such positions directly. All of 3 our current root admins (including myself) got where we are by first being moderators then support admins then being promoted to root admin. It took me just over 4 years to get there (late 2013 to early 2018.

The best way to get involved around here is to start helping out on the forums :) Eventually you'll get noticed and considered for moderator, then you work your way up from there.

If you have things that might be of interest to us (scripts, etc.), feel free to post them here and we'd be glad to take a look :) Krydos is the expert on our Linux and VPS stuff. I'm a Windows guy, so I mostly deal with Lily (our ASP.NET server), and the rest of my time is spent on either customer service or abuse prevention and removal.