[Solved] Internal errors and timeouts

DrDark

Could you shed some light on my zip extraction timestamp question?

I want to restore the files with their original timestamps. The only way I know to do that is to compress them into a zip file, upload the zip file to my target folder, then unzip it. That's 99% working correctly. When it extracts (I'm doing it in CPANEL), the file date is the original date, but the time is 7 hours off. I'm thinking maybe there's a time zone element at work here. If you look inside the zip file, the time is correct. It's just when it extracts, and I refresh File Manager it' shows 7 hours off. I'm on Eastern Time. Is there anything I need to configure in my Tommy account?

The 7 hours off is likely to do with how the server handles time. The server clock is UTC and I think the time zone is +0 as well.

root@tommy [/home/daskunk]# date
Wed Dec 16 15:10:59 UTC 2020
root@tommy [/home/daskunk]#

Krydos could probably find a way to set the timestamps if you really need them.

If I upload zip files, they're usually also off by ~7 hours when unpacked (I'm just west of Philly, so also Eastern :) ...not looking forward to 6+" of snow...I have to work tonight in the middle of the storm...)

Thanks for the info. I was baffled because this wasn't happening on Ricky but it was 3 years ago when I got onto Ricky so if I had do something in my account to let it know I'm on ET, I couldn't recall.

Make sure you have plenty of gas for your snow blower :) I went out and got extra yesterday since I'm supposed to get blasted too (90 miles north of NYC)