[Solved] Creating a RESTful API for PostgreSQL database

mtarsa

Hi,

I want to create a RESTful API for a PostgreSQL database that I would be able to access via RESTful web service in a prototype HTML website using JavaScript.

I want the database and the API on the server so they can be accessed anywhere and the data in the database added/edited from the prototype website.

Would that be possible to do here and if so any advice on what services I would need? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am quite new to this.

I've started creating the database I would need so far. I have used some PHP in the past and the example I am replicating has been done in PHP as well.

I don’t it’s possible to do that on the shared host as it would require additional source code to be built. You will consider need a VPS if you really need that.

I’ll escalated to our root admin Krydos to see if it’s possible to do it on the shared host. Eventually he’ll say the same what I said.

Escalating

@Luigi: it’s possible. He’s going to need to write all the apis he needs and can do it any language we support. PHP would be fine.

Ah, in that case alright. :)

Edited by Luigi123