What Operating System do you use?

kvhc128

What OS do you use?  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm using Windows XP Home Edition in my netbook (since it's the best it can run with its Intel Atom processor), but I'm running on Windows Vista Home Basic in my two other laptops (I use one for general purposes, while I use the faster one for renders and other more resource-heavy programs.) I used to run Windows Vista Ultimate on the other one, but I downgraded to Business, and later decided to further downgrade to Home Basic.

I'm looking forward to the release of Windows 7 though, especially because it will be released to us this October.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Linux (Ubuntu) as my main OS. Who would spend money on buying OS, if free alternatives are available. :)

Anyways, I use pirated Windows editions (chiefly for using Nokia PC suite) in my linux host using VirtualBox

I use Windows the most (Windows Vista to be exact), but I personally like Linux (Ubuntu) better.

Well I primarily use Windows XP SP3. Have never had any major issues with it. When I have, it was usually becasue of something I did or one of the family members did. There is definately much more available for windowsa based systems.

I have also played with Linux a bit. I like the Ubuntu Build.

Anyways, I use pirated Windows editions (chiefly for using Nokia PC suite) in my linux host using VirtualBox
That is piracy... It is AGAINST the law, don't do it, for your own sake. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

which one do I know well enough? which one do I actively use?

... started ages ago on an A1000 using Kickstart 1.3. Migrated onto Slackware after some intermezzo on Windows 3.1 with DOS.

Done Windows 95, 98, XP and finally Vista.

The unsettling Vista experience is that of beeing declared a Lame Duck by it's manufactorer allready, which tends to suspend me into a hoovering kind of state. Not really settling down, using many applications like ssh or rdesktop.

Still strong running: Slackware 13 and Windows XP for today

I am fairly new here, since that's my 1st posting ever. Located at central europe. Howdy, hello, greetings !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am using Windows XP MCE with SP3 on the laptop i'm using now. I don't like vista, and Vista Home Basic is what came with my PC. 7 is better than vista, Vista just sucks. I use SimplyMepis for Linux, and sometimes Kubuntu. I like KDE better than Gnome.