[Solved] MySQL database lost

reshinaa

My account was recently archived, but it has already been unarchived thanks to your team.

Upon logging into my account, it seems that i have lost the database and users that i have created.

Is this supposed to happen? Is there any way to retrieve my database?

What format is the file in? It needs to be an .sql file. If you have a .sql.gz or something else that's compressed, unpack it first.

Then, in cPanel, go to "Backup" (not "backup wizard") and use the "Restore MySQL database" section to upload the file. It should create the database and import the data all at once.

Those are InnoDB raw files. If you received those, it means your database could not be exported. There's no good or easy way to restore them.

Supposedly there's ways to do it, but you also need the ibdata1 file (not sure if you have that or not), a linux box, a detailed knowledge of the inner workings of InnoDB and MySQL, and a procedure that looks something like this: https://hoststud.com/resources/steps-to-restoring-table-structure-from-frm-and-ibd-files.465/ Then you need to use the resulting structure SQLs to create the tables, then the data SQLs from the frm file to load the data. Then you need to export the entire complete database from the test box and reimport it here.

I've personally never succeeded at restoring one of these, and I've been dealing with MySQL for years. This is the reason we usually don't recommend InnoDB...it's nearly impossible to recover if something goes wrong. We've lost entire servers' worth of InnoDB data before...

Unfortunately, if you receive frm and ibd files, the easiest solution is almost always to just start over. :(