[Answered] How many requests and how many Database Inserts / Updates are allowed?

DennisF95

Hi,

i'm planning to have a service running on Tommy Server.

It's sending constantly requests and reloads itself via jQuery + php every Minute, transferring about 80KB for each.

I also plan to update mysql Tables and insert a bigger amount of data. It could well be that it's 100,000 rows at once every day, and hundred rows each minute. where are the limits ? 

I would like avoid to be banned.

Regards

There aren't any as long as you don't use too much CPU or RAM (usually that happens when you have poorly written PHP that hogs RAM or gets stuck in a loop, or complex SQL queries that take a long time to evaluate). The servers have unlimited bandwidth. As long as your code is well-written and not a CPU or RAM hog, you should be fine.

I moved almost half a terabyte of data last month on Tommy (in my case file downloads).

If you do end up suspended for load, it's not the end of the world. Just let us know and we can help you figure out what's causing it and how to fix it. :)

• Like 1