GameClaw_268

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey.

I'm 21, live in New Hampshire, and am working on a Software Engineering BS in Vermont. I'd like to end up in the gaming industry, but I figured SWE would keep me well rounded in case I never get there (although I get bored with the theory and standards stuff). I know a handful of programming languages and am always learning a bit more. This past semester I discovered the power of ASP.NET and C#.

At first I started at x10hosting, but their services were horribly slow, and they were constantly running into issues. I'm much more satisfied here where pages will actually load. I was just interested in making a PHP AJAX page (I knew nothing about PHP or Javascript until over Christmas break) and wanted a free host, so I went to to free-webhosts.com and found this. I would've used ASP.NET AJAX, but since I prefer C# I couldn't seem to find a free one (they're all worried about security and I didn't feel like learning another language).

So yeah, I'm a computer guy, but much more a gamer. I also collect for no particular reason, snowboard, and watch a couple TV shows regularly, among other things.

...yay me!

Hey folks...

I like cheese! :lol:

But seriously, I found this hosting site after going through a quite a few, like Firvagor, I've been at x10hosting, and suffered t3h l4g. <_<

I know no programing, so I kinda feel n00by. But I know my way around web design as well as anyone... at least I hope so.

I'm pro-linux and run on Ubuntu 7.10 and Arch Linux.

Go PENGUinS!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm Julian, 13, write games and various other programs in C++ as a hobby, and after playing some demos of their games, love Valve games. And like Qizard, I've been at x10. I liked it, but couldn't ever visit the forum. This place seems better already though.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,.. i'm from Malaysia,.. in south east asia.. anyone know?..

about me,.. male 25 and single.. i like collecting stuff like stamps,TCG and other colletables,.. if you like to know more about my collection just pm me,.. maybe we can exchange stuff..

i also learning computer proggramming by my self,.. i learn visual basic and c++,.. and i also learning php and javascript,.. but i'm just a beginner,..

i'm searching for a new hosting to develop my web page so i found about helionet,.. and everything is sound very promissing so i'll experience it firsthand.. and i have a very high hopes,..

so nice to meet you all,.. until next time,..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! My name is Kim-Lan. I signed up for the Ads Standard Hosting Plan yesterday and are currently waiting for account validation. I just joined HelioNet today, though.

I am 12 years old and come from California, USA. I've recently become interested in web development and have put together an idea for a website I wish to someday have. However, I believe I'm a long way off.

HelioHost/ HelioNet seem like a wonderful place and I hope to become better acquainted.

Also, I LOVE Penguins! (Mostly Emperor Penguins)

PENGUINS RULE!!!

P.S. I like smilies! :D :ph34r: :blink: :wacko: :unsure: :( :angry: B) :wub: :) <_< -_- :rolleyes: :lol: :P ;) :o ^_^ :huh: :mellow:

Hey my name is Andrew, I was born in Dayton Ohio, now I live in Fort Myers Florida (south of tampa, northwest of Miami)

I'm 20 years old, soon to be 21 (woo!)(ok in august, but thats kinda soon) and I like web design and graphics. I love technology so my site I'm making will be a technology news type site. But It's going to be different. I just haven't decided how yet. LOL.

Anyways heres a link to my site if you'd like.

http://trippin.uni.cc (hosted here)

I'm a nineteen year old college kid who runs his own webcomic, as well as numerous online businesses and one offline one. My life is pretty darn spiffy, if I do say so myself... even though I'm usually pretty busy.

I'm a huge fan of target shooting, and I'm also a total car fanatic. And by "car," I'm not talking about your mom's Honda. I mean real automobiles, things that have at least four hundred horsepower, stock. I'm picky, but I know what I like. ^_^

Other than that, I enjoy drawing, animating, filmmaking, and composing music.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all!

My name is Castille (or atleast my IE alias)

And I am 18.

I am interested in web-design, and this is my first time using this host, and I just got done reading all 3 guidelines.

I hope to host a MyBB forum, and have some web-design tutorials.

If there is anyone from KHU here, yes, i've left for good!

Oh! And I am also an actor!

Hey. I'm destruction (i'm not really very destructive to be honest). I like creating games and making programs. Currently I am learning PHP and ASP, and I have learnt HTML. I have learnt one form of BASIC, and i'm looking into VB6 and C++. I am working on 1 game (Very slow progress because it's just an occasional thing) in Gamemaker 7. I do a little bit of Flash animation and a little bit of web design. Thats all really :lol:

Hi, I'm PtSunow, and well... what can I say about myself? I triple-boot XP,Vista and Ubuntu, I play video games and will most likely 'pwn' you at almost any Wii game. I'm currently learning C++ and do some homebrew development for DS. So yeah... see you on the forum!