We Got Tired Of Saying No

HelioHost

Nobody likes being told no, but unfortunately our service has limitations and sometimes it just isn't possible to do what people want to do. Whenever someone encountered one of those limitations, it pained us to do so, but we had to send them elsewhere. Well, we got tired of saying no, and we have a better solution now rather than sending you off to use someone else's hosting service.

HelioHost now offers VPS (virtual private servers).

With a VPS you can be the root administrator of your own private server, and you can do pretty much anything you want with it. If you're not satisfied with the speed of our shared hosting? A VPS is going to be as fast as it gets. Do you need up to 300 GB of hard drive space? We can do that. If you want SSH access? You've got it. Do you need to run some high load script that would get you suspended on our shared hosting account? Let's do it. If you want to install a language that a free HelioHost account doesn't support? Go right ahead. Perhaps you want to use a NoSQL database like MongoDB? It can be done. The HelioHost admins will even help you transfer your existing website over to the VPS for you if you need. You may not know how to run a server, but we do and we can help anyone get started. You might want to act quickly though because there are a limited number of VPS available, and when we run out we'll need to purchase more servers and that could take a while. To get started, and to see what we have available just go to

https://www.heliohost.org/vps/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Your referrer page: "www.helionet.org"

is closing it's "read more" a-href tag with a </b>! 

And, yeah! I'd definitely like to get some speed B), as soon as I get a job, or monetize something. So, for now, I just really appreciate your hospitality.

Cheers,

David

• 4 months later...

This is great! I'm hoping to try one out, once I get some funds.

I have a question: Is offering the VPS service profitable for HelioHost? What I mean is, do the VPS fees cover the cost of running the VPS service (and perhaps some leftover to cross-finance free hosting)? Perhaps you could make it "pay-what-you-want" with a minimum covering the fees, and the rest going as donations towards free hosting.