[Solved] Allow zone transfer and NS record.

DmC

May I ask for 174.37.196.55 to be added to allow-transfer and an NS record "ns2.afraid.org" for both my domains under deny @ Tommy?

I want to use a secondary dns server in case of outage. :)

I'm not sure this is even possible. Cpanel's dns has quite a lot of restrictions on what it can do...

Let's see if Krydos knows.

Well it can always be done manually by adding the entries inside my zone file

Actually it's not so easy...the zone actually exists on every single server in the cluster (4 of them), and I'm not sure how the cluster would react to someone messing with the zone file on one of them. cPanel is very fussy about you messing with stuff outside of its user interface.

The NS record is easily done on my end from WHM, but allow_transfer is not an option in the UI for your zone file (and is also a security risk). Normally we just recommend CloudFlare for this application because the plugin in cPanel is supposed to be able to synchronize the records easily without allow_transfer. Please also remember that we officially do not support any DNS servers outside of our own.

We'll let Krydos look at it.

No. If you want to use different NS, you’re free to do so, but we aren’t going to make any changes to accommodate it. It either works or it doesn’t and is unsupported if it does.

Cloudflare is known to work fine for example if set up properly. I do know that Dyn and Afraid partially work but do not work 100% (others have tried), and can’t speak to others as I haven’t tried any others.

No. If you want to use different NS, you’re free to do so, but we aren’t going to make any changes to accommodate it. It either works or it doesn’t and is unsupported if it does.

Cloudflare is known to work fine for example if set up properly. I do know that Dyn and Afraid partially work but do not work 100% (others have tried), and can’t speak to others as I haven’t tried any others.

Can you have a look on your free time to see if I got cloudflare correctly? xD

Something isn't right since your domain doesn't resolve at all. You didn't use the CNAME setup did you (known to cause issues). Use a full zone setup for Cloudflare. A proper CloudFlare deployment will require you change your name servers after configuration. https://bybyron.net/php/tools/dns_records.php?domain=denied.gr&rec=ALL (the fact I still see our NS means something isn't right).

A proper CF deployment will have an output that looks more like this domain: https://bybyron.net/php/tools/dns_records.php?domain=gormleycpaservices.com&rec=NS

Also be aware, if you use CloudFlare, you'll need to manually create DNS records on CF's website if you add subdomains after setup. Otherwise it works fine.