[Solved] WAR DEPLOYMENT

tssinfo

Hi,

Java access has been enabled and how to deploy my war, as per wiki I have already copied my war into the user location, but still not yet deployed. My username is Bhagyaraj.

Edited by tssinfo

Did you actually tell it to deploy? The page where you requested Java has a form where you need to specify the war file.

The Wiki article where you need to request it on the forums only applies to Johnny.

The first deployment, or each time you change the filename, can take a few hours. Once it's deployed and you're just uploading a new version with the same filename it should deploy in just a few minutes.

• Like 1

You can't since they're shared by the entire server. As a result, they contain private information from other users as well.

If you need logs, Krydos has to get and post the relevant sections for you.

You should be able to write your own logs anywhere Tomcat has permission to write, though the contents are limited to whatever your program is coded to log. The actual Tomcat log can't be redirected.

Note that if you decide to implement your own logs, Tomcat runs as a different user from your account and is not in your group, so if you create a folder in your homedir for logs or other data you want your War file to work with, be sure to grant "other users" write permissions to it so the Tomcat user can save in there.

Tomcat can run on HTTPS, but Krydos has to set that up for you. Be aware that if we enable HTTPS for you, the HTTP connection to it will no longer work. You can't have it both ways unfortunately, since providing both would mean you would take up two Java slots on the server, reducing our available slots for other users. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My war file is not deploying since yesterday, it is always saying "refresh" the page to check the status and still not been deployed. Could you please help me regarding this. Thanks in advance.

Edited by tssinfo