Deletion Request

drchunks

I tried using the deletion request link from the docs, but it says my cpanel login (which as far as I know, has always been my email address) couldn't be found.  I also tried my support forum login, but I got the same error.  I am currently on Johnny and am having issues with SSL certs and stability and would like to create another account on Tommy.  Please help me delete my existing account.  Thank you.

it says my cpanel login (which as far as I know, has always been my email address) couldn't be found.

That deletion page is on our old website and doesn't support email addresses. You have to enter your username in all lowercase letters.

I also tried my support forum login, but I got the same error.

Well, you got logged in so I guess you figured out that you have to user your username on the forums too.

I am currently on Johnny and am having issues with SSL certs and stability and would like to create another account on Tommy.  Please help me delete my existing account.

If you're deleting your account to move to Tommy you can just make a donation and we'll move your existing account for you.

I am currently on Johnny and am having issues with SSL certs and stability and would like to create another account on Tommy.  Please help me delete my existing account.

If you're deleting your account to move to Tommy you can just make a donation and we'll move your existing account for you.

To add to this, there is also no way to move to Tommy for free at this time, so deleting your account will just cause more work for you. A donation is currently required for Tommy, so the only difference is whether you get an invite and new account, or have the existing account moved.

I also tried my support forum login, but I got the same error.

Well, you got logged in so I guess you figured out that you have to user your username on the forums too. 

I am able to log in to the forums with my username, but if I try the "deletion request" page, it gives me an error that my username can't be found.  

I'm not trying to "move" anything, per se... I only have a fresh Wordpress install on my account and was never able to get SSL working.  I'd prefer to start over with a new install on another server.  So are you saying a donation is required to "move" to Tommy, as in transfer all my data?  Or is it required simply to open an account on Tommy?  Is this only for Tommy, or is that the case for the other servers as well?  Sorry for my ignorance, I'm just trying to make sure I understand the rules.  Thanks for your help.

The donation is required to get an account on Tommy at all. When you donate, you get sent a link to create an account on the server. The regular signup page just says the server is always full for the day. We used to offer free accounts on that server, but we had to stop doing so due to lack of disk space. They'll be offered again in the future once that new storage hardware we had the fundraiser for is installed.

Ricky is still free though. Sign ups for that server open every day at midnight UTC and fill quickly.

You need an invitation to make an account on Tommy right now. Ricky could be considered first come first serve I suppose. Signups open at midnight utc, and you get to create an account if you refresh the page fast enough before the free signups run out.