HelioMine - Linux

Bailey

HelioMine itself isn't available for linux yet. Krydos has been working on a script that's compatible with the backend though.

In the meantime, these scripts should work so you can mine on ubuntu and similar distros: http://assets.raxsoft.com/bin/rgs/assignment/linux/ Two for each coin, a plain one and an _ht version for PCs with a hyperthreading processor.

Note that these are standalone miner scripts that don't use the HelioMine framework, so they won't count for stats or anything.

You can test my script. Like Wolstech said it's still being actively developed and there's a lot of functionality missing that will be there eventually. Open a terminal, navigate to wherever you want to "install" it, and copy/paste this:

wget https://krydos.heliohost.org/heliomine.sh && chmod 755 heliomine.sh && ./heliomine.sh
The first time you run it the script will check for missing dependencies, and then give you a command to install whatever is missing. After that it downloads a default .conf file, and you can enter your username to get credit for mining. The Aeon mining isn't fully functional yet, but the ETN mining works great. You get credit for the stats and everything. After you run it once all you need to do the next time is just run

./heliomine.sh
Let me know if you have any questions and if you see anything that appears to be a bug please let us know. Especially if you have the exact error that you can copy/paste.

If there aren't any errors I don't need any logs. While it's running you can check out heliomine.log, but as soon as you ctrl-c to stop the miner it cleans up after itself and deletes all the logs.

174.6H/s on Aeon. Not bad for an older Haswell CPU.

Yeah, that's nice. This assignment will earn you a lot more than the etn miners I think.

If there aren't any errors I don't need any logs. While it's running you can check out heliomine.log, but as soon as you ctrl-c to stop the miner it cleans up after itself and deletes all the logs.

174.6H/s on Aeon. Not bad for an older Haswell CPU.

Yeah, that's nice. This assignment will earn you a lot more than the etn miners I think.

@wolstech, didn't realize my CPU was old but eh.. works fine :D and yeah, I'll keep that in mind @Krydos, thanks!

Edited by Bailey