[Solved] Is ffmpeg available

mrj

It's possible, but it's strongly recommended that you convert your video files on your home pc. The reason is there really isn't anything you could do on our servers that would cause more load than video conversion, and it's highly likely your account will get suspended for it. Would you like to proceed anyways?

@wolstech Sorry, my bad! Why linux command emulator, while the server is linux itself. :)

@miwilc I need ffmpeg for a script. So installing it in mobile isn't a good solution.

Cygwin would be entirely pointless. The servers already run Linux, no need to emulate it.

I wonder if cygwin would run in wine...?  :D

Wine in Cygwin on Wine. Lol :D

--

Some people got Xorg and wine working on the Linux Subsystem for Windows. Lol

Let's just put Cygwin in wine that runs on Linux subsystem for Windows, then put the Windows install in a VM that's running on top of Linux that's itself in a VM on an ESXi server that's installed inside Hyper-V and we'll be good.

Let's just put Cygwin in wine that runs on Linux subsystem for Windows, then put the Windows install in a VM that's running on top of Linux that's itself in a VM on an ESXi server that's installed inside Hyper-V and we'll be good.

"Maximum Efficiency - Guaranteed"

But realistically you'd be using KVM instead of ESXi.

So I am not getting ffmpeg, am I?

There you go

# which ffmpeg
/usr/bin/ffmpeg
Don't blame me when you get suspended.

ffmpeg -i krydos.user -o krydos.heliohost

Processing krydos.user (2.3TB) into krydos.heliohost.

* 10 years later..*