Cannot Connect To Ftp

fadel

This happens all the time on Johnny. We recommend SFTP because it's actually secure and seems to work more reliably. This is how FileZilla should be configured for Johnny: https://i.imgur.com/U5p0HL9.png Use your cPanel username and password.

If you use a different client, your setup should be fairly similar. Use the host and port shown.

You can try Plain FTP (insecure) on port 21 instead.

If speed is your issue though, I'd recommend moving to Tommy or Ricky. Your entire experience would be much faster, Regular FTP is known to work over on those servers, and SFTP is not unusably slow if you need the security.

But I do not want to use SFTP. It is extremely slow. Is there any other way?

FTP and SFTP are both really slow when it comes to uploading tons of files because of the overhead of initializing each file transfer. If you zip the files first, then upload an archive, and then unzip it on the server the entire process will take a lot less time. Another option is to use an FTP client that supports incremental updates, and only updates files that have changed.