[Solved] Suspended: Seslaks

Seslak

Your account was suspended for causing high server load. I have unsuspended your account, but please try to limit the load you put on our servers as it slows down not only your site, but the sites of all other HelioHost users sharing your server.

If you still see the suspended page, please clear your cache.

If you need help figuring out why your site is causing such high load let us know and we can try to help. If the high load is simply because your site is getting a lot of traffic you might consider trying paid hosting from our partner starting at only a cent for the first month. https://www.heliohost.org/partners/hostgator

Thank you.

Can you elaborate that part about server load? Was it because of disk usage? Bandwidth? CPU usage? SQL? I'd like to know what to fix. There was a problem with disk usage, but I had it fixed days before the suspension...

Thank you.

You were suspended for high load on 2017-12-04. You were #1 for cpu usage, #7 for memory usage, and #151 for bandwidth. According to the logs the majority of your load appears to be coming from

/home/seslaks/public_html/enkidu.org/index.php
Which appears to be a wordpress install. You've got something pretty seriously wrong to be causing that much load with basically zero traffic. For instance there is someone doing 20,874% more bandwidth than you, and your account is using 4800% more cpu. I would disable all of your plugins first. Vanilla wordpress shouldn't cause this much load.

I am shutting it down, no worries. I first want to see what is causing it. It is an old under construction project, dormant for months...

EDIT:

Blocked malicious login attempts

Someone tried to abuse it... can you send me any logs? Sounds like someone managed to log in, but I am not sure. It's not possible to cause such server load from just login attempts... I'd like some logs for my account to see how much of my space has been compromised... I'll see which activities in log are familiar to me, and which not.

It is an old version of WP, I should have had it updated...

EDIT2:

I have removed everything. I don't know what was the cause... maybe some plugin... but it makes no sense...

Edited by Seslak

I have same problem on another website, on completely different servers, started this morning. Please, if it is not a problem, because of security reasons, suspend my account here (don't delete it). I'll write to you to lift suspension after this is over. It is a botnet attack from Russia. I had hundreds of login attempts from all around a Russia (and Kazakhstan, Switzerland, Romania...) just today.

OK, you've been suspended. Please let us know when you're ready to work on this and we can unsuspend it for you :) I've also pushed your login date to the end of December so your account's last login won't go stale while suspended.

• 2 weeks later...