[Solved] Move To Tommy

nomadcam

Hi Krydos,

Thank-you, that was speedy! Just a quick question... The subdomain (sub.user.heliohost.org) that I've registered in cpanel gives me the 404 error, but the main page (user.heliohost.org) and if I directly navigate to the subdomain path (user.heliohost.org/sub/) show up and display as expected/normal. I have tried flushing my os (Windows7) and browser cache and restarting browser, but the 404 error continues to pop up. Has something gone missing in the move?

Thanks for your help,

Cameron

It's possible the DNS entry didn't update for some reason or a path got messed up during the move. Try removing and recreating the subdomain. That will force it to recreate all the relevant entries.

If it still doesn't work, let me know and I'll move it so Krydos looks at it again for you.

It's also possible for your router or your isp to cache the wrong old ip too. You can eliminate that as a possibility by using an internet connection that has never been to your site before from a different device that has never been to your site. The only other option is to wait it out. Eventually the old cached values will time out and devices will all be forced to lookup the new ip.