[Solved] Deploy War File

mlit77

Escalating. On second thought, that account was created today and is still queued. There's no way it has Java enabled.

You need to request Java in cPanel and wait for it to become active for your account. Last I checked, the wait for 2-3 months for it. You might want to move to Tommy where the wait is only a few hours.

Edited by wolstech

Thanks wolstech,

I have tried to move to Tommy but without success. When I try to create a new account I am not able to choose Tommy server - even when I make donations - I am not able to step over the donation page.

I already have requested a deletion for this account to be able to switch - in addition I have tried to use a new email without success.

Could you do me a favour?

Please move my accounts of the users mlit77 + mlepage to the Tommy server.

That would be great - I always was switched to use the Johnny server.

Many thanks.

You can't use the normal registration with a donation. If you have an account already, you have to post here as you've done. Otherwise, you have to wait for a special email with a link to make a Tommy account.

Please move my accounts of the users mlit77 + mlepage to the Tommy server.

Two things here:

• You're only allowed to have one account. Creating more than one violates our Terms of Service and will get all of them suspended.
  • Mlit77 appears to have been deleted, so you've already fixed your problem :)

Please post your donation's Transaction ID so we can find your donation. Once you post that, I can have a root admin move the account mlepage to Tommy for you.

You dont have to delete your account from Johnny and make a new account on Tommy. The best way to move your account with all of your files to Tommy Server, and instead waiting for Tommy Server signup to be open in 24 hours, is to make a donation from this link: https://www.heliohost.org/donate/, then after that, you give us your transaction ID and Krydos will move you to Tommy Server.

Let us know if have any questions.

Just a quick note that you can donate any amount that you want.

You dont have to delete your account from Johnny and make a new account on Tommy. The best way to move your account with all of your files to Tommy Server, and instead waiting for Tommy Server signup to be open in 24 hours, is to make a donation from this link: https://www.heliohost.org/donate/, then after that, you give us your transaction ID and Krydos will move you to Tommy Server.

He had two accounts, so actually he did need to delete that.

He had two accounts, so actually he did need to delete that.

Oh I see.

Many thanks for switching to Tommy.

My understanding is that java has to be active - status: Your account is in the queue to receive java support. It should be installed soon.

... and my "war file" can be uploaded via filemanager to --> etc --> lepage.heliohost.org

thats it to have the first java application I guess.

Ok will have a look tommorrow as I have not status ok with java yet.

If I am happy with all the stuff at the end I will for sure donate more.

Many thanks.

Edited by mlepage

The WAR is actually deployed from the same page where you requested the Java support. Once the Java becomes active, you'll see a form to deploy the war file.

Be aware that self-service WAR deployments are a beta feature on Tommy, and may take several hours to deploy. If they get stuck for more than 24 hours, let us know and we'll check the log files to see why it failed (more often than not, stuck deployments are caused by a corrupt archive or opening too many SQL connections in the program you're deploying).

Account username: mlepage

Thanks wolstech it works now.

But my application is not working as expected as it requires cookies to work.

Do you know if there is a general issue with cookies?

I have enabled cookies on my browser and tried it with different browsers.

Are there any issues in the context.xml (server side) regarding cookie restrictions, for example setting HttpOnly true?

Link: http://lepage.heliohost.org/Blogging-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/#!login

Many thanks.

Edited by mlepage

Thanks - I have uploaded a new war but the war deployment is pending since hours.

Could you please delete the pending one or retrigger the depoloyment than I can tell you if it s working.

When its finished the following link should not ask for cookie enabling anymore.

http://lepage.heliohost.org/Blogging-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/#!login

The deployement is pending but I was able to check the link above.

The message that cookies should be enabled still apears.

Maybe you can check the link by yourself.

Many thanks

Edited by mlepage