Losing Db Connection During Query

hwiremod

Hello, I'm having server connection issues with a MySQL Database where I keep getting the error:

Lost connection to MySQL server during query

I've researched a bit on the topic and the suggested fix is to modifying the MySQL server settings timeout values, however, I cannot find where I would make edits to the timeout values as I am fairly new with MySQL databases. If this is the best solution how would I go about editing the timeout values?

The timeout is currently about 30 seconds, which is a really long query. Increasing that further would just make the problem worse as hundreds more people would be allowed to have long running queries open blocking everyone else's sites from working.

The problem is really the high load causes your queries to take a long time. There is high load because you picked the Johnny server. This server is for people who simply want to experiment with a server, but don't care about uptime or speed. Since you seem to care about speed I recommend you switch to a production server like Ricky or Tommy. Let us know if you need help switching over.

Of course you can, but you won't want to. Once you use Ricky or Tommy, you'll realize how bad Johnny really is. The difference is night and day. Things actually work like you'd expect over there :)

Ricky signups are currently open, so you should be able to do it without donating tonight assuming Johnny deletes your account before the server fills up. Also, I've renamed your forum account for you so you can reuse your username.

http://wiki.helionet.org/Moving_your_account

You can ignore the invite you go on your other email address. Since you didn't move yourself I went ahead and renamed your forum account back to hwiremod. You're on Ricky now. http://hwiremod.heliohost.org/

If you see a 404 error or a Johnny queued page please clear your browser cache and flush your os dns records.

Thank you very much for the donation. We really appreciate it.