Cant Add A Addon Domain On Johnny

raykai

HI

im trying to add a the domain ddge.ga under Addon Domains. but im getting an error : (XID mbmmy8) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

i did check and it is pointing to 64.62.211.131 u can look it up here https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/ddge.ga im using CloudFlare nameservers.

as a test, i did try setting it as a subdomain. it did it without a prob so i don't know why i cant add it as an Addon Domains.

Our system requires the domain's NS records be pointed to us at the registrar to add the domain.

Adding an A record to us on cloudflare won't work. Please remove cloudflare, set your NS records to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org at the registrar, add the domain, wait for it to start working, then set up cloudflare from scratch, letting it copy the records from our servers.

This happens quite a bit on Johnny unfortunately. When you execute a long delicate process such as creating an addon domain on an unstable experimental server there is a chance of high load breaking the process. This never happens on our productions servers Ricky and Tommy. It looks like your domain got half created. I manually finished the addon domain creation, and you should now be able to see it on your addon domain section in cpanel. Since you're on Johnny it could take up to 24 hours to start working. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check each time. Once your domain is working with our namservers log in to cloudflare, have them copy the working settings, and switch to the nameservers they assign you.

oh ok so...Tommy server would be best or ricky ? Does it have PHP and MySQL? if so il try and switch. i was thinking Johnny was best lol.

i think this wiki is out of date? http://wiki.helionet.org/What_is_HelioHost%3F "HelioHost owns two servers which is collocated at the Hurricane Electric datacenter (located in Calafornia) named Stevie and Charlie. Stevie is a few years old now, and he hosts many websites using non-dangerous services. Charlie is partitioned into two sections, Cody and Johnny."

so i did not know which to take.

Is there a wiki page that explains more about the serves and our choices?

Edited by raykai

That page is long outdated. Stevie crashed, and the repaired hardware became Ricky. Tommy lives on a third server we purchased last year. The server comparison is in the signup process after you validate your email address last time I checked.

Ricky and Tommy have much better performance. Both servers have all versions of php from 5.4-7.2, you can pick which one you want. Tommy also offers asp.net and Java hosting if you want them (Ricky does not).

You have to sign up right at midnight UTC. It only allows a very few accounts per day. You can see server performance and what servers are accepting registrations here: http://heliohost.grd.net.pl/monitor/ Last night, he was open for about an hour.

If you don't want to wait, you can donate instead and you'll get an email invite within 24 hours that lets you sign up even if he's already full.