[Solved] Queued: Bh7

bh7

Hello!

A registered accound yesterday.

After that I tried to connect by Filezilla. It always fails on getting directory list (login and password are proper and server passes access), getting directory list always fails after 20 seconds and filezilla tries to connect again and again. Why?

OK, I was not happy about that and I went to cpanel, and patiently created all folders and sent all file into them. It took an hour or more...

After I finished all, there is a problem with my subdomain http://bh7.heliohost.org

It is redirecting to http://bh7.heliohost.org/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

I cant find how to prevent this, I made "DirectoryIndex index.php" record in htaccess without result.

Tell me please why on heliohost it is configured that ugly way? Why default setting not just redirects to /public_html and not tries to fine index.html, index.php like all providers in the world do?

Edited by bh7

Please clear your cache to fix the queued page. Your site is working for me.

As for the FTP issues, you're on Johnny...Johnny is meant for testing and not hosting a production website. Because Johnny signups are always open, the server is severely overloaded, which means he often suffers from major performance issues and downtime. I would recommend moving to Ricky or Tommy if you want an account with good performance and uptime. Signups open at midnight UTC every day and fill quickly. Alternately, you can donate $1 or more and either have your existing account moved, or get an invite for Tommy that works even when it's full for the day.

I cleared browser cache many times. It is not a problem of cache - it is redirection from http://bh7.heliohost.org/ to

http://bh7.heliohost.org/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi (please, dont try to cheat me, I do understand how servers works).

Now my site is working (I suppose that finally redirection was removed), thank you for your help.

Please make help link for newly registered users, I dont see any information about that $1 donations

The queued page exists only because Apache has to show something when it doesn't know what account the domain belongs to (which is the case between the time you sign up and the time Apache restarts to load the new configuration that contains information about your domain...Apache only restarts about once a day on Johnny). It's not an intentional redirection, just Apache saying "I don't know what to do with this". Since it seems to be working now, the point is moot.

Donation information can be found here: https://heliohost.org/donate/ Invite can take up to 24 hours to arrive. If you prefer to move your existing account instead, please post the transaction ID and the name of the account after donating and we'll move the account instead.

Server after first caching in browser (very lazy, because I am in Europe), is going quite fast (my toy-site isnt heavy texted, but), its enough comfortable to view.

If you dont turn off server or services during a day, I will recomend your hosting (I tried 000webhostapp.com but they turn of service for 4 h a day...).

Thank you for a link to upgrade, I go to read that

If you dont turn off server or services during a day, I will recomend your hosting (I tried 000webhostapp.com but they turn of service for 4 h a day...).

Do they seriously do that? That's absurdly long. No, we don't have any daily maintenance window like that. It does go down once or twice a day, but just for a few minutes while Apache restarts so we can get rid of queued pages for people. The server you're on (Johnny) does get very slow at times though when it's busy creating and archiving accounts. Ricky and Tommy have significantly fewer accounts due to them being limited signup, and as a result they don't have the performance issues and downtime Johnny does.

You can take a look at the performance for all the servers here: http://heliohost.grd.net.pl/monitor/

I donated with $2,34 (9DM948222H528740V) and have invitation from Tommy. Could you explain how to move my entire current service to Tommy server (with db, without recreating all of the settings)?

P.S. Yes, they are doing that - when I saw that my jaw dropped on the floor and I immediately started looking for another hosting.

You are much better, but first impression was very bad - due to absolutely lack of information how to remove this stupid redirection, and due to problem with ftp directory listing

Edited by bh7

I donated with $2,34 (9DM948222H528740V) and have invitation from Tommy. Could you explain how to move my entire current service to Tommy server (with db, without recreating all of the settings)?

Thank you for the donation. Escalating to have your account moved to Tommy.

first impression was very bad - due to absolutely lack of information how to remove this stupid redirection, and due to problem with ftp directory listing

The FTP issue is sadly a result of the overloading of the server. I agree this could be improved, but it would mean us accepting fewer users. Fewer users means our ad and donation revenue won't cover our colo bill, and we would eventually go out of business :(

As for the lack of information on the redirect, it's because you can't remove the redirect. It's there because the server isn't fully configured. This reason is explained on the page you get redirected to.

Ahoy! You're seeing this page because HelioHost has not gotten about to installing and configuring your account yet. This process usually takes 24 hours, and once it is complete your website should show up properly. While the account is being created we suggest taking a look at your control panel.

Do you think an additional message on the account creation page would be helpful for new Johnny users?

About this information on 'account queued' site:

- it was shown just after I registered an account

- it was shown before cpanel was accessful

- after cpanel was accessful, it was still shown, and also I couldnt find any place to remove this redirect, recipes on forum didnt help

- I asked how to remove this redirect 24 hours after register (all very close to, not just after an hour)

I recomend to add info, that this redirection is removable only by admin (not by cpanel), and user has to wait 24 hours or more, during that time he could upload his files to public_html folder. I was very frustrated trying to find how to remove this redirection.

Eventually, you could reconfigure default config by change default folder to public_html and placing inside a simple index.html with information how to replace it with customer files. just like all other providers do - it will be closer to proffesionality

I recomend to add info, that this redirection is removable only by admin (not by cpanel),

It's not even removed by an admin. The server stops showing that on its own when Apache restarts. Short of manually restarting Apache (which causes downtime), we can't remove it either. Your account did take longer than many do though, because Johnny's Apache restart got stuck last night and never happened like it should have.

Krydos will move you to Tommy when he sees the post. :)

I donated with $2,34

Wolstech already said this, but thanks again!

You are much better

Thanks! Admittedly our services are a little hard to understand at first because we do things quite differently from most hosting providers. Most free hosting providers are actually scams to lure in customers and then force them to upgrade to a paid plan by holding their website hostage and other schemes. We're not like that though. Since these sleazy free hosting providers are actually just paid hosts they have a TON more money and hardware to throw at you, so you can get a very tantelizing good performance and instantly online website, but then you realize later that the free accounts are so handicapped that you can't actually host a real website without paying. All we do is free hosting, and all the money we make is from donations from people who appreciate what we do.

but first impression was very bad - due to absolutely lack of information how to remove this stupid redirection

I love getting feedback like this. Can you think of a better way to word the final page of the account creation

Your account has been created, and your main domain should be functional in less than 24 hours. Refresh this page to check the status of your domain. You can log in to your cPanel to begin creating your website.

to explain it better? We want to make things as user friendly and easy as we can.

I'm moving your account now.

Thank you Krydos.

My idea for this text is:

If you see this site, your account is not full ready yet - your site will be availabe after closest server restart, please wait up to 24 hours for that. From server restart, your files in /public_html folder will be served. Dont search for removing this redirection in cPanel, this will gone just after server restart.

You can already upload your files by cpanel or ftp, they will be displayed just after server restart. Remember to check not this site ($username.heliohost.org/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi), but $username.heliohost.org (link with "TRY NOW" phrase would be good idea). Thank you for your patience.

We also recomend an option to get faster package:

if you donate at least $1, we wuld like to invite you to our better server Tommy which is less overloaded (link to donate page)

Please leave a note if you finish, I now logged in and 'continue to cpanel' redirected me to johny cpanel

Edited by bh7

You're on Tommy now. http://bh7.heliohost.org/

If you see a 404 error or a Johnny queued page be sure to clear your browser cache and flush your os dns records. Let us know if you need help with anything.

Thanks again for your donation. We really appreciate it.

Please leave a note if you finish, I now logged in and 'continue to cpanel' redirected me to johny cpanel

Yeah, Johnny is slow so it took him a while to package up your account. I had to go afk during the process.

Thank you very much for a great support!

Problem with ftp still exists

Try with stps:

Response:	fzSftp started, protocol_version=8
Command:	open "bh7@ftp.bh7.heliohost.org" 1373
Error:	Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:	Could not connect to server
Response:	fzSftp started, protocol_version=8
Command:	open "bh7@ftp.bh7.heliohost.org" 1373
Error:	Could not connect to server

Try without ftps

Status:	Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command:	PWD
Response:	257 "/" is your current location
Command:	TYPE I
Response:	200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
Command:	PASV
Response:	227 Entering Passive Mode (65,19,143,6,233,131)
Command:	MLSD
Error:	Failed to retrieve directory listing
Status:	Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command:	PWD
Response:	257 "/" is your current location
Command:	TYPE I
Response:	200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
Command:	PASV
Response:	227 Entering Passive Mode (65,19,143,6,192,52)
Command:	MLSD
Error:	Failed to retrieve directory listing

SFTP on Tommy is port 1342, not 1373. Also, we generally recommend tommy.heliohost.org as the host name, though the one you're using should also work.

FTPS has never worked reliably on any of our servers, it works for some, doesn't for others. We recommend SFTP for this exact reason (not to mention its more secure).

Worst case is "Only use plain FTP (insecure)" which definitely works on port 21, but is just that...plain, unencrypted transmissions.

Edited by wolstech