[Solved] E-Mails Not Coming In (Regularly)

damnu

Hi,

I setup a mailbox called "einsatz" on Johnny.

Sending mails works as expected: They appear in the receivers mailbox right away.

Receiving mails behaves odd somehow:

I have sent about 5 test mails so far and only one mail made it into may inbox. And even for this very email, it took minutes until I could see it.

In addition, new mails seem to be stored in /mail/einsatz@.../cur rather than in .../new

An opening up Webmail ended with 3 timeouts. My fourth attemp was successfull but it took very long to load.

I know that you guys are offering Johnny at no Charge which is great for testing and stuff.

Is the above the avergae performance for Johnny?

Unfortunately yes, especially with the timeouts in webmail. The undelivered emails will probably arrive eventually. I suspect the mail sever wasn't responding when they were sent, so the sender never delivered them.

If you move to tommy, the mail service will function as you expect it to, since that server is not overloaded.

~/Maildir/new, ~/Maildir/cur and ~/Maildir/tmp directories contain the messages for INBOX. The tmp directory is used during delivery, new messages arrive in new and read shall be moved to cur by the clients. 

OK, good to know.

What about the folder structure or you server?

According to maildir++:

I just sent you a small donattion (47M30487YU8659352). It's not much as I am not sure how Tommy will perform.

Can you please migrate my account (damnu) to Tommy?

Edited by damnu

Transferring the Johnny account damnu to Tommy. You can ignore the Tommy invitation that was sent to the web.de email address. I'll post again when the transfer is complete.

Your account is now on Tommy.