[Solved] Deploy War Application

alobel

Username: alobel1

war file in /home/alobel1/SpringClient.war

First deployment of brass_db_one_4.2.war produced a 404 File not found error instead of linking the database online.

I corrected an error, tested the war deployment on my local machine and it runs fine. Please deploy the revised war file again.

Thanks,

Alex

Hello,

Thanks for this. Can I perhaps ask for a little more feed-back? I would like to understand why the application did not start.

Please view this link

http://alobel.freeshell.org/SpringClientDeployOkLog.html

with my deployment log when I deploy the war file on my local tomcat server. The second from last line says the application started:

2017-04-14 11:51:55.061 INFO 12072 --- [ost-startStop-2] be.intecBrussel.app.WebApplication : Started WebApplication in 9.908 seconds (JVM running for 97.433)

The application.properties file contains the link to the MySQL brass database on heliohost.

Is the url path correct using localhost:3306 ?

spring.datasource.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/alobel1_brass-lines
spring.datasource.username=alobel1_Alex
spring.datasource.password=XXXXXXXX
spring.datasource.driver-class-name=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
spring.jpa.hibernate.naming-strategy=org.hibernate.cfg.EJB3NamingStrategy
spring.mvc.view.prefix=/WEB-INF/jsp_files/
spring.mvc.view.suffix=.jsp

Could you perhaps forward your application deployment log file or maybe have any idea why it could not start on heliohost?

Thank you in advance,
Alex

Your war throws a lot of INFO, WARN, and ERROR. Here are your two SEVERE though:

13-Apr-2017 20:34:20.055 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal ContainerBase.addChild: start:
 org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/alobel1_SpringClient]]
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:158)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:724)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:700)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:952)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1823)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/orm/jpa/HibernateJpaAutoConfiguration.class]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.HibernateException: Access to DialectResolutionInfo cannot be null when 'hibernate.dialect' not set

and

13-Apr-2017 20:34:20.079 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Error deploying web application archive /opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.4/webapps/alobel1_SpringClient.war
 java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/alobel1_SpringClient]]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:728)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:700)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:952)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1823)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Hello,

Many thanks for the message. Could you please send the full log output, including all INFO and WARN messages?

I am trying to test for possible sources of this error on my server (Tomcat 8) and the full log file would help a lot.

Thanks,
Alex

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to reproduce the deploy error on my server to understand its source when deploying on Heliohost.

Can I ask you to look at the very first pages of the the log file and inform if perhaps you see a message of the type:

2017-04-16 03:35:04.284 ERROR 3521 --- [ main] o.a.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool : Unable to create initial connections of pool.

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: User alobel1_Alex already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

The tests show the database on Heliohost works correctly and is normally accessible, but perhaps it is due a Tomcat connections problem.

Thanks for any help with this,

Alex