[Solved] Tommy Is Blacklisted

r0nmlt

Tommy's mail server is blacklisted with CBL

IP Address 65.19.143.6 is listed in the CBL. It shows signs of being infected with a spam sending trojan, malicious link or some other form of botnet.

It was last detected at 2017-03-27 22:00 GMT (+/- 30 minutes), approximately 14 hours, 30 minutes ago.

Please check http://www.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi for details.

Regards

Ron

It's been sending a lot of spam lately, so I'm not surprised. We had several spambots set up shop on our servers in the past week (my mailbox has been full of abuse reports lately...).

The one and only report I have for Tommy is from February. Johnny has had quite a few reports lately though.

Yeah, Johnny's been the one with spam reports...has always been common for him sadly since he allows more accounts per day and more resources per user before they busted for load...he's just easier for spam and phishing to set up shop on.

I've definitely suspended several Tommy accounts for phishing though, and I suspect a few were likely sending mail even if we never got reports. I remember looking at a few of them in more detail before I suspended them...they had a mass-mail script in the root alongside a phishing site in its own folder...

I don't want to sound demanding or arrogant, but can it be resolved? Hotmail is now refusing emails originating from tommy citing blacklisting and it is causing mayhem with forwarded emails bouncing back.

I suspended the account that was causing the issue. That's the only thing that can be done.

Ah, nevermind I checked again and it said "We can tell you fixed the problem" and it has a delist link now.