Tommy Postgresql Remote Access

rsprog

Hi, I am trying to connect remotely to Tommy's PostgreSQL database via pgAdmin, but I receive an error message "FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host...". I remember this worked on Stevie, and, from looking at past posts, it didn't work on Johnny until someone fixed it. So please also enable remote access on Tommy so that I can restore my database from a Stevie dump. On Tommy my user name is lazarus. Thank you.

Below is a link to a thread that outlined the same problem and resolution on Johnny:

http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/22531-solved-connection-to-johnny-via-pgadmin/

so that I can restore my database from a Stevie dump.

Did you know you can use phppgadmin https://tommy.heliohost.org:2083/3rdparty/phpPgAdmin/index.php to import your database dump? You don't need remote access to do that, but I'd be happy to grant it if you post
  • database username
  • database
  • remote ip

Well, the dump I was trying to import had COPY commands (instead of INSERT), which made it impossible to import using phpPdAdmin, but I managed to get around that by installing Postgresql locally, importing the data there, and then doing a plain sql export. So I managed to recreate my database on Tommy. However, there is a similar problem now when trying to connect to the database from a php script:

pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "::1", user "lazarus", database "lazarus_portfolio", SSL off

It appears that PostgreSQL on Tommy is configured not to even accept local connections. I'm connecting to localhost. This script worked on Stevie.