Donation Without Paypal

rutaj6

Hey,

I have been jumping from Johnny to Stevie (when Johnny went down :() and now was about to go back to Johnny(Stevie is down :o), but then I realized, your services are so good, so why not donate and get an invite to Tommy. But unfortunately, PayPal doesn't work for me (bad experience in the past), so I wanted to know if there were any other methods I could use? :)

You already offer PayPal so definitely must be knowing that every payment gateway will take their own percentages on the amount that is paid through it. When I was searching for various payment gateways while setting up my Dad's business website, I found many but had to settle with one of the most reputed payment gateway, CCAvenue, but their share is quite high for your kind of payment requirements. There is this article I found... https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/234131 ... You can see for yourself and decide but also I would suggest you give a look at CCAvenue as their services are trusted worldwide.

Guest Marko30

We've been looking for an alternate to paypal for a while as there are many countries where our users are unable to use it because it isn't available. Do you have any suggestions?

Skrill.

We've been looking for an alternate to paypal for a while as there are many countries where our users are unable to use it because it isn't available. Do you have any suggestions?

Skrill.

This was the one I was literally just looking at. Looks decent and seems to be recommended by many as a Paypal alternative. Oddly though, they say in several places that they support over 200 countries but don't seem to list which ones anywhere...can anyone find the list?

Bitcoin could also work...there's the risks associated with it's value changing with the market though unless we sell it (and eat any associated fees) as soon as we get it.

Guest Marko30

I don't think there is any PayPal or Skrill alternative that works in those three countries. The only way people can donate from those countries is using BitCoin because it works anywhere. I've been searching web for a while and I didn't find anything useful.

Yeah, I think it has to do with the international sanctions against Iran for their nuclear program. I thought those were lifting somewhat, but after researching ways to get money in and out of Iran it seems like they haven't, and given the recent political climate in the US are very likely to go stricter soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Even after adding Skrill, I tried, but then my bank (SBI) comes in between. It denies international transactions as they think the security standards are not 'high enough'!!! :angry: :angry: !!! Looks like I will have to settle with Johnny instead... :mellow: :mellow:

Anyways, keep up the good work guys!!! I will try to donate as soon as I am able to find a solution to my bank problem.

• 5 months later...

Today I want to donate $10 but I only have bitcoin to offer (even though I'm in USA). Here are the questions you should be asking:

- Did you really lose money by accepting bitcoin (since that's the way I donated before), or did you lose money now because Bitcoin repeatedly passes ALL-TIME highs right now yet I cannot find any way to send it to you as a donation?

- Was it really worth getting rid of your bitcoin back then when it was only worth $400 when I could have easily told you that it will continue to rise because countries are changing to not have any coin so many are converting to bitcoin.

- Is it really too hard to give me a bitcoin address for my donations so I can send something, and you can assume no loss whenever you exchange it since I never claimed it had any value in USD, I only gave a certain quantity of bitcoin and that value doesn't change?

- What about Coinbase for conversion to USD? For me, that's simplest and their fee has gotten better for small transactions than when I started.

Thanks though, I appreciate the improvements you're making especially since the loss of stevie.

Edited by Jeff S

Today I want to donate $10 but I only have bitcoin to offer (even though I'm in USA). Here are the questions you should be asking:

- Did you really lose money by accepting bitcoin (since that's the way I donated before), or did you lose money now because Bitcoin repeatedly passes ALL-TIME highs right now yet I cannot find any way to send it to you as a donation?

- Was it really worth getting rid of your bitcoin back then when it was only worth $400 when I could have easily told you that it will continue to rise because countries are changing to not have any coin so many are converting to bitcoin.

We have never accepted Bitcoin to my knowledge, and I've been here 6 years, so I'm not sure how you donated using it before.

I recently started getting into cryptocurrency as well though, so support for at least BTC would be nice. I'm mostly into AEON right now due to being profitable to mine on bog-standard PCs and having a value that's not less than a penny (it's about ~$1), but altcoins like that can be sold for BTC on sites like Changelly...

Sorry for my bad memory, I had trouble tracking donations and turns out I did it with PayPal within the past year. Must have been someone else where I remember being surprised they could take it.

Yes, Aeon sounds like it has a future. Good thing typically it's easier to exchange cryptocurrencies with each other so accepting just one or two of them works. I noticed from what was said about PayPal their fees are a lot worse than using Coinbase/Bitcoin.

For mining, true I've got 3 TH/Sec (can't do that with graphics cards) that I only use in winter because it no longer profits except I rely on it for heating the house evenly and not scorching the air.

I will keep in mind that if I can get to using Visa again, someone said you only have 3% fee which is still best for Heliohost.

For mining, true I've got 3 TH/Sec (can't do that with graphics cards) that I only use in winter because it no longer profits except I rely on it for heating the house evenly and not scorching the air.

Ah yes, space heaters with computing as a bonus :)

What kind of rig? Servers of some sort? ASIC (not terribly familiar with their heat output)? My main Aeon rig is just an FX8350 since CPU is currently a decent way to mine it. GPUs have little benefit speed wise (mine, older GTX stuff, is actually slower than my CPU). I also have a bunch of i7-6700T (on the order of 85 units) at my disposal several hours a day that could theoretically be used for this if I can get it approved.