[Solved] Suspended: Rk1

rk1rk1

hi,

i have my account suddenly got suspended while i'm working in the cpanel, it was the cron job i made a mistake by typing "*" for hour and minutes. i want to edit to correct it but it's too late and i got suspended already.

it seems the cron already got cleared, but my account still suspended, could any mod/admin help for unsuspend ?

and my appologize for making a mistake in the cron.

my account name is rk1, server stevie, domain name rk1.heliohost.org

thanks in advance

actually i only have 1 cron job, and i can't login again, maybe i got suspended again ?

i'm testing a cron job for creating daily backup for mysql database, and i set the job once per year, since i'm still writing the script and testing it.

if i'm not allowed to test the script on the host, how's the right way to test it ?

thanks

You were suspeneded again for 3 cronjobs.

While you only have 1 cronjob set up, you can't execute that more then twice every 24h.

Cronjobs are quiet resource intensive on the server, that is why the amount of executions is restrected.

If you need to test your script, we would suggest you use a free third party cronjob provider like https://www.setcronjob.com/.

That way, you won't be bound by the server limit.

Your account has been unsuspended again.

my apoligize, but am i got suspended again ?

i put one cron job, set it run everyday at 10:00 am, and leave it as be.

and at the scheduled time, it run nicely, so i thought no more problem.

and about 15 mins after that, i want to login to cpanel...... but login is invalid again.

am i doing something wrong according to the system ?

4 cron jobs, so your job was set wrong. For testing, the easiest way to test is to not use a cron at all. Put the script somewhere in public_html, and access it in your browser to run it (and as a bonus, you can see the output too!)

Unsuspended again.

seems my script considered to be running more than 2 jobs.

i would like to know will these jobs count as 2 or more ?

the following codes meant to create mysql backup, zip it, and delete the old files.

and also, if there's any "for" loop statement, will it count as one job or multiple job for each loop ?

thanks

###### part of the script below this line

mysqldump --user=$DBUSER --password=$DBPWD --databases $DBNAME | gzip -f -9 > $FOLDERNAME/$GZNAME

find $FOLDERNAME -name "*.sql.gz" -mtime $DAYSTOKEEP -exec rm {} ;

Each time you do a cron run in a day it adds to your total runs for the day. So if you get suspended for 3 cron jobs, get unsuspended quickly, and run another on the same day then your total is to 4. Just cool it with the cron jobs for today and you should be fine. Then tomorrow you can run another two.